Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Here are mate,
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=134496

Well worth a watch of the video.
    Top man is our keeno😉

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-17), YorkshireFarmer (08-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,742 Times

I will have a look at them when i get back

Its been 48 hours since i dropped the seeds in - i went for 3X pineapple chunk, i read that they are quite resilient and can handle mistakes and 1 8 Ball Kush, both similar height, flowering time & durable.

I just dropped them in 1cm / 1.5cm or so. Not too deep - i was conscious not to push them too far into the cube and watched many videos of other people doing it beforehand.

When these show up i will begin a diary. It makes sense to do so.

I would appreciate the link if you have one. Thanks

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YorkshireFarmer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-17), Ironman (08-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YorkshireFarmer View Post
    I will have a look at them when i get back

Its been 48 hours since i dropped the seeds in - i went for 3X pineapple chunk, i read that they are quite resilient and can handle mistakes and 1 8 Ball Kush, both similar height, flowering time & durable.

I just dropped them in 1cm / 1.5cm or so. Not too deep - i was conscious not to push them too far into the cube and watched many videos of other people doing it beforehand.

When these show up i will begin a diary. It makes sense to do so.

I would appreciate the link if you have one. Thanks
    I beat you to it mate. Lol it's above your last post.

As I said mate just keep them a wee bit water than some of the videos you may have seen. Just to help soften the case.

I have found also that that warmer the better for germination.
    I put my soaked seeds into a damp paper towel and then in an air tight tuppaware pot on top of my sky box. Temps sit around 30 degrees and RH sits at 90%.

Longest that I've waited for them to pop out of the soil is 48 hours. Some wait for weeks but I definitely feel the warmer it is the quicker things get moving.

Main thing with this growing lark is patience and steady hands😉

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-17)

Thanks

Topman! appreciate you taking the time out to help!

I will replicate that environment as best as i can in the space that i have, i think because its my first time and i don't want to fail i could be overthinking.

Touch wood they pop out in next 24 hours then i can get cracked on with the diary. Failing that i will start again with new seeds.

Thanks for the link, keep an eye out for the diary - your assistance could really be of benefit

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YorkshireFarmer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Topman! appreciate you taking the time out to help!

I will replicate that environment as best as i can in the space that i have, i think because its my first time and i don't want to fail i could be overthinking.

Touch wood they pop out in next 24 hours then i can get cracked on with the diary. Failing that i will start again with new seeds.

Thanks for the link, keep an eye out for the diary - your assistance could really be of benefit
    Even the most experienced growers over think it mate. I'm far from an experienced grower. I have around 6 experimental grows under my belt with some very acceptable results. My next grow, which will start in July will be the best yet because I've realised the more you just leave them alone and let them do their thing, the better the potency and yield is.😉

I would think about getting some cheap cfls to use for the first 2 weeks of seedling. Then change to your hps. Do you have a fixed or dimmable ballast. Always start off low wattage and build it up over a couple of weeks if possible.

You can get a 200/300w cfl kit for 30quidish on e bay.

My last grow I used 600w duel spectrum bulb from seedling, thinking it would grow bigger and faster. I was wrong, most people have cfl or mh lights for seedling stage with blue spectrum for vegging then hit it with duel spec hps after the first few weeks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-17)

Thanks

I am going to look into getting a CFL as you're not the first person to suggest that. I have a Lumii compacta 600w Ballast, i don't think you can manage the wattage on this model unfortunately.

Do you know if a CFL bulb is universal fitting? i have loads of light fittings /lamps kicking about and it could be worth just getting a bulb to save on ££.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YorkshireFarmer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am going to look into getting a CFL as you're not the first person to suggest that. I have a Lumii compacta 600w Ballast, i don't think you can manage the wattage on this model unfortunately.

Do you know if a CFL bulb is universal fitting? i have loads of light fittings /lamps kicking about and it could be worth just getting a bulb to save on ££.
    You can get a fairly good range of cfls from b n q with stantard bayonet or edison screw type.

They are around a tenner each so if you have a couple of clip on light housing then your golden.

B n q label the lumens and Kelvin scale slightly different to us growers.

Plants like lots of pars which are different to lumens but I couldn't tell you why. Lol

You want to stay low and blue in the Kelvin scale and I'm pretty sure the higher the lumens the higher the par rating. But don't quote me on that.😉

I vegged my first grow with a 100 w diall bulb from b n q and it worked fine. Just get the light bulb around 1 inch from the top of the plant. Cfls stay cool and you won't burn your plant even if it touches the bulb.

Hope this helps😁

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-17)

Thanks

Nice one mate, I will head to B&Q as soon as I can, I'm sure I will have everything other than the bulb.
    Thanks

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YorkshireFarmer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just checked on them and roots are starting to show. 8 ball kush leading the way.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YorkshireFarmer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just checked on them and roots are starting to show. 8 ball kush leading the way.

Top stuff mate😁

Get your diary set up and you'll have all the pros of the talk(I'm not at all&#128513 helping you out. It also helps with future grows as reference. I don't know why but my memory is shocking and I think most of the members on here are the same. No idea why. Lol 😂

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Flyingscotsman (17-05-17), GanjasaurusREX (09-05-17), GEORGE (10-05-17), ggotch (13-06-17), MR B-loom (08-05-17)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast