Thread: Damaged seedling during germination?

Thanks

Default Damaged seedling during germination?

Hi Guys

Geminated three seeds on the 28/04/17
    I knocked one over when it was in it's coir pellet when it was like 3cm tall and obviously picked it back up.
    Next morning, She had kinda sunk down and didn't look good (see pics)

I propped her up, and left for the day. Upon return, not a lot had happened, but as i touched the seedling, it kinda stuck to my finger and pulled it out revealing the fact it was only under the surface about 1cm (to the bottom of the root)

I dug a hole, buried her to her neck, at this point the next day she had picked herself up and must have grown another 1cm
    ever since very little growth has occurred.

Im guessing i must have kinked the stem when knocked over, just confused as to why it would pick up, continue to grow a bit and then stop.....

If you open the images up in large view, you can see the main leaves are twisting/yellowing and look like they are dieing, but then on the inside it looks like there is a set of miniature leaves? I don't seem to remember seeing these a couple days ago....(cant see unless you zoom in) Even then though these miniature leaves look like they are started to yellow on the tips....

Next day after knocking her over

Next day after reburying, she looked like this - IMO looked like it was all ok!

The above picture was taken 4 days ago now and they she now looks like this;

I'm thinking about just cutting my losses and germinating a new seed but just curious about this
    Last edited by Html33; 10-05-17 at 05:58 PM.

My Grow Diaries

1st - Master Kush No 1 - 14oz Dry turned hermaphrodite
    2nd - LSD -Train Wreck - Girl Scout Cookie - Chocolate Skunk - 3.8oz Dry turned hermaphrodite

Current
    3rd - Bulk Cheese & Purple Kush

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

She looks like she got new leaves coming...
    Germinate a new seed if you want but keep the mutant/runt as ive read some diaries on here that the mutant/runt did better than "normal" looking seedlings.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

Html33 (10-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,576 Times

my mutants always turns out to be the best plant in the end for some reason.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

2018 Outdoor extravaganza https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...r-extravaganza

2017 outdoor guerilla grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tdoor-escapade

2016 guerilla grow finished https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...adventure-2016

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kyg For This Useful Post:

Html33 (10-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

That probably happened cos you planted seed too shallow mate. It should have picked up in the new compost though. What soil have you planted them in? It may be too hot in previous loaded nutrients mate. Lmk what compo and go from there. It may be that you get new seed and start again you just about have time if you did that in next day or so. Btw coir seed starters don't usually have nutrition in them well some do but my point is you're seedling may need food! Then again she might need less food, just to head fuck ya lol.

So mate, compost brand and nutrients used if any? Any rhizotonic or root builder being used ?
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Html33 (10-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glynne View Post
    She looks like she got new leaves coming...
    Germinate a new seed if you want but keep the mutant/runt as ive read some diaries on here that the mutant/runt did better than "normal" looking seedlings.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I'm hoping so mate
    Don't know if i want to do four again that's the thing, and don't know if i could bring my self to chucking one lol

Quote Originally Posted by kygiacomo View Post
    my mutants always turns out to be the best plant in the end for some reason.
    How weird, have you had ones do things like this before as well?

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    That probably happened cos you planted seed too shallow mate. It should have picked up in the new compost though. What soil have you planted them in? It may be too hot in previous loaded nutrients mate. Lmk what compo and go from there. It may be that you get new seed and start again you just about have time if you did that in next day or so. Btw coir seed starters don't usually have nutrition in them well some do but my point is you're seedling may need food! Then again she might need less food, just to head fuck ya lol.

So mate, compost brand and nutrients used if any? Any rhizotonic or root builder being used ?
    Yeah i suspect that is the case Lesson learned! At Least all the others (including previous grows came out ok)
    I don't think the Coir pellet as food in it, and was potted into Bio-Bizz Light Mix (plain soil perlite mix) and have so far fed them all 2 x waterings of 2ml feed.

So plain soil, with 2 feeds.
    Maybe i should do a plain water next time for that one?

The others seem to be coping with the feed ok.

Bloody things, we'll have to wait n' see what appens'

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

SmobyToker#1 (14-05-17)