Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Think I'm almost ready to begin my first grow..

Thanks

Default Think I'm almost ready to begin my first grow..

Been wanting to grow for ages now and eventually I'm at a stage in my life where I'm able to Heres an overview of my equipment -
    - Got my tent complete kit from Growell, its the Bay6 XL complete kit. Tried to post a link but I'm not allowed yet cuz of lack of posts..
    - Canna terra vega
    - Canna terra flores
    - Clip on fan
    - Temp/humidity reader
    - Humidifier
    - Perlite
    - Verve compost
    - and of course some seeds ;D

So, I have a few questions and from what I've seen around the forum people are really quite helpful here so really looking forward to this...

Q1. I've read up about getting the seed to pop and by the looks of it placing it in a cup of water for 2-3 hours then either planting or leaving on a bit of kitchen roll to pop. Which way is best?
    Q2. I've read abit about PH levels, how important is this and can I grow without checking it? I was going to get a PH meter but the ones I found were abit out of my price range.
    Q3. After planting the seed am I right in thinking its onto the propagation stage and how long is this stage?
    Q4. What are the right temperatures for each stage? Prop, veg, flowering..
    Q5. What are the right humidity settings for each stage?
    Q6. When should I start adding nutrients and how to prepare the nutrients?
    Q7. When is it suitable to put the plant under the 600w light?
    Q8. Best ratio for compost/perlite?

I have many more questions but I'll gather answers for these first, I will also start a diary when I start

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Welcome to the talk mate..
    Erm.... complete kit?? Is it quality stuff.?
    If you could list all your important equipment would be great. What brand and size are your fans, filters, tent. Is your ballast dimmable? Etc etc..
    If your in soil then you dont need to PH anything...the soil will buffer to the correct range if you feed it aswell as the plants.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

420mtb (11-05-17), Easy-T (11-05-17)

Thanks

Soak your seeds for 24hrs in water that has stood for a minimum of 24hrs (gets rid of chlorine but not chloramine) put inbetween damp kitchen roll on a plate and cover/put in sandwich bag in a warm dark place, good seeds should pop whithin 48hrs approx. My last beans popped in 24hrs of being in paper towel.

I gotta go out just now so I will leave the other questions, but im sure some1 will come by shortly to help out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

420mtb (11-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,816 Times

Quote Originally Posted by 420mtb View Post
    Been wanting to grow for ages now and eventually I'm at a stage in my life where I'm able to Heres an overview of my equipment -
    - Got my tent complete kit from Growell, its the Bay6 XL complete kit. Tried to post a link but I'm not allowed yet cuz of lack of posts..
    - Canna terra vega
    - Canna terra flores
    - Clip on fan
    - Temp/humidity reader
    - Humidifier
    - Perlite
    - Verve compost
    - and of course some seeds ;D

So, I have a few questions and from what I've seen around the forum people are really quite helpful here so really looking forward to this...

Q1. I've read up about getting the seed to pop and by the looks of it placing it in a cup of water for 2-3 hours then either planting or leaving on a bit of kitchen roll to pop. Which way is best?
    Q2. I've read abit about PH levels, how important is this and can I grow without checking it? I was going to get a PH meter but the ones I found were abit out of my price range.
    Q3. After planting the seed am I right in thinking its onto the propagation stage and how long is this stage?
    Q4. What are the right temperatures for each stage? Prop, veg, flowering..
    Q5. What are the right humidity settings for each stage?
    Q6. When should I start adding nutrients and how to prepare the nutrients?
    Q7. When is it suitable to put the plant under the 600w light?
    Q8. Best ratio for compost/perlite?

I have many more questions but I'll gather answers for these first, I will also start a diary when I start

Hello brother and welcome

Answers to all these questions you asked have answers in the novice section as sticky threads
    Best of luck with your grow
    A man chooses, a slave obeys!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesJoyce For This Useful Post:

MR B-loom (11-05-17)

Thanks

Hey Glynne, the complete kit consists of all that il list below.

BAY6 XL tent 120x120x200cm

1x 600W BAY6 Lighting System which contains
    - 600W BAY6 Lamp Dual Spectrum
    - BAY6 Magnetic Ballast (I dont think it's dimmable, can't find any mention of it being dimmable)
    - BAY6 Euro Reflector
    - 2m Mains Cable

1x RVK 125A1 Eco Extraction Kit which contains
    - RVK Extraction Fan
    - PK Eco Carbon Filter
    - 5m Combi Ducting
    - 3x Quick Release Duct Clips

4x 12 Litre RhizoPots

1x Heavy Duty Timer & Contactor

1x 5m of Chain

5x S Hooks

and an instruction manual

That's good to know about the PH, thanks. I will leave some water out today until tomorrow then soak for 24hr and then transfer to some damp kitchen roll

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420mtb For This Useful Post:

happyjack (11-05-17), MR B-loom (11-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,829 Times

Quote Originally Posted by 420mtb View Post
    Hey Glynne, the complete kit consists of all that il list below.

BAY6 XL tent 120x120x200cm

1x 600W BAY6 Lighting System which contains
    - 600W BAY6 Lamp Dual Spectrum
    - BAY6 Magnetic Ballast (I dont think it's dimmable, can't find any mention of it being dimmable)
    - BAY6 Euro Reflector
    - 2m Mains Cable

1x RVK 125A1 Eco Extraction Kit which contains
    - RVK Extraction Fan
    - PK Eco Carbon Filter
    - 5m Combi Ducting
    - 3x Quick Release Duct Clips

4x 12 Litre RhizoPots

1x Heavy Duty Timer & Contactor

1x 5m of Chain

5x S Hooks

and an instruction manual

That's good to know about the PH, thanks. I will leave some water out today until tomorrow then soak for 24hr and then transfer to some damp kitchen roll
    If your planning on running that 600 your most deffo gonna need a cool tube reflector mate I think I payed £25 of eBay for a 5" 😊

Might be worth getting a cheap cfl for seedlings if all you've got is the 600

Best of luck with the grow 😊 get a diary up and you'll get plenty of help through each stage of growth 😉 but plenty of threads in the novice section to check out mate

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Get light on in the tent and extraction to see what temps and RH you get with and without humidifier.
    As James said... go and have a look in the novice section and the diaries cos there is loads of info to be gleaned.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

420mtb (12-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

wont need cool tube in that size tent, cool tube great for smaller tents though. i run 600w/ 1000w in that size tent , i would go for parabolic reflector buddy

that extractor not really ideal for that size tent, at least 6inch L1 RVK. you want also rhino pro carbon filter also

also i would buy a fan controller if you have the coin, ecotechnics controller is great piece of kit matey, it will allow you to run an even bigger extractor fan at a lower speed

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Glynne (11-05-17), mrnice586 (12-05-17)

Thanks

Hey Joker mate how you doing?What Joker said 420Mtb.... i told you a pro would be along soon😊😊.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (11-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Glynne View Post
    Hey Joker mate how you doing?What Joker said 420Mtb.... i told you a pro would be along soon����.

a pro be along.. i best wait with you then glynne till one comes along no were near me bro lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Glynne (11-05-17)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast