Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Feminized Seeds.good Make? Reliable?

Monty Bong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by srh86 View Post
    oh yeah i just checked out some fem blue cheese, its from Barneys, does anybody know if they are any good???
    The Blue Cheese grow in my sig is Barneys Farm feminised, I got them as clones and grew them out quite a few times without seeing a single male flower. I don't treat my plants very nicely either

Bobby Digital Guest

watch out for dinafem had one ww herm on me, the ladyboy was a little rootbound i must add....

blurry-vision Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BomShiva View Post
    Ugggghhhhh please dont buy femed seed, for the price on a avarage pack of femed seed you can buy 3 packs of the same var in normal seed form, learn how to sex a plant and learn to select the best females from those normal "seeds"

but if enough people start relying on femed seed is the start of the end imho.

Grow your own "normal seed" of any var and learn selection/pick the females whom's traits most appeal to your needs.

Feminized seed is really really not the way to go, learn how to sex a plant, how to clone a plant, learn this and Feminized seed has no place anymore!

The Dutch would love us all to buy Feminized seed, then they have a total monopoly, do we really want that?

Bom!
    Well I have to disagree, firstly from a legal point of view your better off with fem seeds as during veg you don't need double the plants as is the case with regs. If you get busted during veg you can't say oh I was gonna chuck half away, you get done for said number of plants. Secondly there are no gurantees with regs you can get terrible ratio's. Thirdly of course they cost more they are certain females the price is usually double which is entirely fair. Lastly i can sex plants easily as can most people there is nothing to learn, you only need eyesight.

Having said all that I still buy some reg seeds and plant some reg seeds in a grow but typically if I want a 4 plant grow I will plant 3 fem seeds and 2 reg seeds, this keeps me in the 5 plant grow area which is what I am comfortable with, I would otherwise have to plant 8-10 reg seeds and i am not comfortable with that many. Also I do not want to do clones because i like to do a different strain each grow, and clones grow all scruffy and non uniform, imo there not as good plants as what you get from seed..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blurry-vision View Post
    and clones grow all scruffy and non uniform, imo there not as good plants as what you get from seed..
    mine don't

i'll have to pass on the difference with seed. not tried yet. but i have bought some fem seeds for next time round...
    Last edited by thedoctor; 30-10-09 at 12:14 PM.
    off to roll one

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thedoctor For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-10-17)

blurry-vision Guest

Okay point proved to some degree, but some do that i have seen, but to be fair that looks a lovely, neat plant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blurry-vision View Post
    ...and clones grow all scruffy and non uniform...
    no they dont, thats one of the main points about growing clones is exactely for the uniformity they give you, as well as the usual... known qualities, female, faster grow cycle, bigger yield, etc etc...

nice and uniform i think you'll agree
    "If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dj # For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-10-17)

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dj # View Post
    no they dont, thats one of the main points about growing clones is exactely for the uniformity they give you, as well as the usual... known qualities, female, faster grow cycle, bigger yield, etc etc...

I bet it was a pain in the arse reaching the back ones to give em a drink eh!?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-10-17)

blurry-vision Guest

Well you'll just have to trust me i have seen a few clone diaries where they look a mess, still my faith in them been tidy is somewhat restored now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dj # View Post

I LOVE THESE PICS, 1 DAY I'M GONNA DO THIS... FOR A GOOD SOG DONT YOU START 12/12 AS SOON AS YOU HAVE POTTED?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to daoldfarmer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-10-17)

Among the social intricacy of a northern council estate
    Thanks

I bought some feminised super skunk form sensi seeds. ive cloned and cloned from clones and cloned some more iv burnt the clones, ive underfed the clones and iv had light leakages, and low temps! so far no hermies, very happy with the bud also!
    Despite all this ive now started buying normal seeds as i have more confidance in my abilities to find females/males and also to clone

Cheers
    ric

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ricochet For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-10-17)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast