Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I'm back after a protracted absence! Can I get some LED advice.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,816 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mysticjim View Post
    Cheers dude. 50cm or thereabouts I can manage.

Bit of news, and this possibly falls into the 'too good to be true' type bracket.

Have ordered the light, retail price as new was about £150, saw there were options for used starting at £99 - thought I'd check it out but was sceptical. Found it's a Amazon warehouse deal, unused item, slightly damaged packaging but item in perfect working order(so they say). Thought I'd take a punt on it, went to checkout, they slapped another discount on it and I've got the light for £79.13 all in!

At that price, if I've bought a lemon, it's not too painful, but I'm very hopeful of getting a bargain!

All being well my next growing adventure should start within the next week
    Very well mate, I wish it does good for you
    A man chooses, a slave obeys!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesJoyce For This Useful Post:

mysticjim (16-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,269 Times

Well, the light has arrived. True to Amazon's sales blurb, the only damage was to the outer package - that being a tiny, and I mean tiny - tear in the box. The unit was very safely wrapped up and didn't have the faintest mark on it.

I tested it briefly, all of the COB LED's were functioning - although I couldn't look ofr long as they started burning my retinas! This light is seriously bright! The intensity was incredible. All of the fans were functioning - it's certainly louder than a MARS 300, but I'd expect that!

Obviously, the proof will be in the growing - but at £150 I thought it looked good, but a bit of a risk. Discounted to £80 it's looking like the bargain of the century!

Just got to decide what to grow. I've still got some COTC Robocrop Auto seeds, but that damn strain seemed to have massive propensity to hermie. My last batch was full of bloody seeds! I've got one Advanced Female seeds 'Ice Breaker' - which no-one here seems to be familiar with (it was freebie with the Robocrops)and two different strains of Afgan that I won in a Xmas compo last year, these are the ones that didn't get squashed in the mail! Got 4 G Seeds AK99' regulars, and two in a baggie that were just labelled Afgani Regs. I'm thinking I might go for the Ice Breaker and one of the AK99's.

Just waiting on a bottle of Root Boi root stimulator and to get some soil and I'll be all good to go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3