Thread: planning dwc next

MrMen Guest

Default planning dwc next

im planning on doing a dwc grow next and im planning on using the canna range of nutes but this being my 1st time in hydro i have a few questions
    which range of canna nutes would be best the canna hydro or canna aqua or is there not much difference?
    what additives will i need if any?
    how often should i be emptying the system?

here is a picture of the system im looking at

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMen For This Useful Post:

Trex (15-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

I believe canna aqua is the hydroponic line Mr .

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

British green (22-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

I preffer Ionic nutrient myself, but canna are good too.
    You need to change the system out weekly, and try and do the same strain in both pots, to save any possible nutrient issues further down the line.
    You will also want to keep the res outside the tent if possible, and insulate the buchets to keep the nutrient temps in check, unless you are running a cooler/chiller.
    As for additives, i would only recommend H&G roots axcellerator, and perhaps a bit of PK.
    DO NOT put anything organic through the system, nothing at all, unless you like having multiple problems and issues,
    Then you can stand back and watch them fly.

DWC is the bollox

If you want an alternative, you can also just buy a couple of , say 42 or 64 litre really useful boxes, couple of 200mm net pots, a decent air pump, like 40 l/hr and a couple of airstones per tote. It may not be cheaper, but the additional capacity of the totes will see them explode, trust me.. Its just a bit more of a ball ache emptying them, you can fit a 2 pot system with really useful boxes into a 1.2 square tent too.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (16-05-17), Trex (16-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    I believe canna aqua is the hydroponic line Mr .

Sorry Mr , i.looked into it and i was wrong , theres aqua and hydro line . One made for recirculation and one made for flood and drain and feed to waste , my bad bro . I used aqua back in the day and thsts all that was avail and there are two different.line within ,one for soft water and hard water .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

MrMen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    I preffer Ionic nutrient myself, but canna are good too.
    You need to change the system out weekly, and try and do the same strain in both pots, to save any possible nutrient issues further down the line.
    You will also want to keep the res outside the tent if possible, and insulate the buchets to keep the nutrient temps in check, unless you are running a cooler/chiller.
    As for additives, i would only recommend H&G roots axcellerator, and perhaps a bit of PK.
    DO NOT put anything organic through the system, nothing at all, unless you like having multiple problems and issues,
    Then you can stand back and watch them fly.

DWC is the bollox

If you want an alternative, you can also just buy a couple of , say 42 or 64 litre really useful boxes, couple of 200mm net pots, a decent air pump, like 40 l/hr and a couple of airstones per tote. It may not be cheaper, but the additional capacity of the totes will see them explode, trust me.. Its just a bit more of a ball ache emptying them, you can fit a 2 pot system with really useful boxes into a 1.2 square tent too.
    hi m8 thanks for the reply i did look into building my own but decided against it for now might build 1 inm the future but for now im happy buying this system

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrMen For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (16-05-17), Trex (16-05-17)

MrMen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Sorry Mr , i.looked into it and i was wrong , theres aqua and hydro line . One made for recirculation and one made for flood and drain and feed to waste , my bad bro . I used aqua back in the day and thsts all that was avail and there are two different.line within ,one for soft water and hard water .

thanks mate i will probably give the aqua a go

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMen For This Useful Post:

Trex (17-05-17)

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

Great advice from billybob but I'd say you want a 40L / min pump. Not per hour.

I'm running a hailea 30 (30L/min) in four bubblers and 120L water. I'd say I'm on the minimum if not below. Next grow I'll run two of these pumps I think.

I'd build your own rdwc if you can as the recirculating pipes on these kits are a bit narrow. A homemade setup would be cheaper and more effective. It's not too hard to build either really.

I'll write up my build this weekend if I get time and post it on the forum.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (21-05-17), ggotch (19-05-17), Trex (19-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

yeah, stoner moment i meant 40litres per minute air pump.
    I used to run 60l. min air pump in my 4 pot system, but they were big assed 60litre totes.
    I had 2 airstones per pot, and it was like a jacuzzi, but the plants seemed to like it

saying that, my biggest plant *(27 ouncer) was done with a 42 litre tote, and 2 airstones run off a hailea AC9610 air pump, so i guess the size of the pump isnt all that important, but does cut down on veg time, because they grow bigger, quicker with the big pump.

look forward to the write up GG, should inspire some folks to try RDWC
    Last edited by bigbadbillybob; 21-05-17 at 10:41 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

greengiant (22-05-17), Stirl_420_SA (21-05-17), Trex (21-05-17)

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

Exactly mate. The hailea 30 I run is prob minimum I'd use with 120L of water.

I'm going to run two 30s next run for that Jacuzzi effect..

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

Trex (22-05-17)