Thread: One pot or Two

Thanks

Default One pot or Two

I'm getting close to being up and running here.

Now, I'm after some opinions with regards to starting one plant or two.

I'm on a small bedroom set up of

A 80x80x160 tent.
    5 inch rvk fan & Rhino carbon filter.
    450w Viparspecra LED light.
    6 litre superoot pots.

From what I'm understanding right now, two is possible, but tight.

My plan and thinking for a while now, has to do two for my first go, then just do the one after I've got a grasp. I figured, first grow is likely to be not so great and with much learned. So, if one is to not produce much, why not have two produce not much.

But now, being all set up and good to go.. looking at the effect of the negative pressure in the tent reducing some space, I'm starting to wonder if I really only have space for one..

So... thoughts?

Yield wise, if i tried to squeeze two in, would the outcome be similar or lesser than giving one all the room?

Many thanks as always!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShutTheFunkUp_Donny For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-17), Ironman (16-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

I think you would be better to just train one plant in that amount of room. I am doing one plant now in a 9sqft foot, and I plan on felling the tent with just this one plant, about 5" bigger the size of your tent with. But you can do two with less training, but you should get as much are more with just the one plant. First picture is my LSD plant early veg, I am planning on doing some lst on this one, and getting around 60 or more cola's. The second picture is A Nitro Lemon Haze, I will be finish up with this Friday. As you can see she has around 20 nice cola's with just a little training. Good luck and happy growing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5268.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	345769   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5267.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	345771  
    Last edited by GEORGE; 15-05-17 at 08:19 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

EyeEyePickle (15-05-17), Ironman (16-05-17), M_C (15-05-17), ShutTheFunkUp_Donny (15-05-17)

Thanks

Nice one hot shot. I got some reading to do on the whole training side of things. That lemon haze looks good! Is it small due to the trimming and such? What you hoping to yield from it?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShutTheFunkUp_Donny For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-17), Ironman (16-05-17)

Thanks

Yes, it is a little shorter. You start tying limbs down, and plant has much more room to grow.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

EyeEyePickle (15-05-17), Ironman (16-05-17), ShutTheFunkUp_Donny (15-05-17)

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ShutTheFunkUp_Donny View Post
    Nice one hot shot. I got some reading to do on the whole training side of things. That lemon haze looks good! Is it small due to the trimming and such? What you hoping to yield from it?
    I'm just now starting my training on my LSD. There are lots of way in which you can do this. This one, I am not cutting any leaves, just going to ben it over until I run out of room in tent and then flip her to 12 12. This is the first time I have done one this way, so we will see how she comes out. So do some reading over in the LST section, and then get your self some Pipe cleaners, and just start tiying down, it works really well. lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5275.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	345780  
    Last edited by GEORGE; 15-05-17 at 10:33 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Ironman (16-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

2 large mo fo's or 4 small. Go bigger! How's your heat? I've got a 4" inlet for fresh air and a 4" connected directly to the carbon filter. Clip fan to help further circulation at a steady 30℃.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

I agree with hotshot, I've grown in that size space before. You will struggle with 2 plants let alone 4. 1.6 ain't really that high so lst would be a must for me.
    I'd go with 1 20ltr pot and veg until it's full back to front and left to right. Then you'll get a nice low wide plant that could double or triple in height.😉

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-05-17), ShutTheFunkUp_Donny (16-05-17)

Thanks

Thanks for the info guys. I've been doing some reading today on the the whole training side of things. Real interesting stuff all the techniques to be used. I agree, Ironman, lst is definitely the path I'll take I think. Will pick up a larger pot for sure and go with the one.

Is a little defoliation later in the grow still recommended to use alongside lst?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ShutTheFunkUp_Donny For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-05-17)