Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freshly cut THC Bomb buds have no smell

Thanks

Default Freshly cut THC Bomb buds have no smell

Hi all
    So time had come and I harvested my thc Bomb plants
    They were all cloudy with about 40 % amber trichomes.
    Cut then into separate branches, let them hang for 48 hours
    After that I have trimmed all the leaves and stalks back and placed in my drying net in the tent I grew them in with a 6invh fan moving air about and my carbon filter still on
    Since I have place in my net last night there seems to little or very nearly no smell from the buds at all??
    Any ideas?
    I keep reading about curing? Would that give more of a smell as it don't smell like weed at all at the moment
    Thanks Dave

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

what temps are you drying with?. normally takes me six ish days 22c .

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Needs a slow dry around 20oc an 50% humidity
    Sometimes it smells of hay but once it goes in jars
    An you keep burping an moving it around the smell slowly
    Comes on.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Oxy (16-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Once cut down, hang to dry inside your tent with the fans on, including Carbon filter. This process can take several days, approx 5-7 for a good dry. Then you can begin to cure in jars after that for a further week or so. How comes your buds dried in 2 days? Curing alone wont make your buds smell much different, it's the strain you opted for. You never handled cannabis that does not smell? They are normaly weak af to smoke (likr a cigarette)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Blunt View Post
    Once cut down, hang to dry inside your tent with the fans on, including Carbon filter. This process can take several days, approx 5-7 for a good dry. Then you can begin to cure in jars after that for a further week or so. How comes your buds dried in 2 days? Curing alone wont make your buds smell much different, it's the strain you opted for. You never handled cannabis that does not smell? They are normaly weak af to smoke (likr a cigarette)
    They haven't dried in 2 days. They are still damp
    There in the net now just with the carbon filter on low to create a bit of moving air,
    Smelled very strong just before I cut them down but now the smell seems to have disappeared
    Temp is around 72 degrees and humidity is 55%

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

20oc is where you want it

Thanks

Thanks it's 72 Fahrenheit so around 21 Celsius

Viz Guest

Your bud will not smell of anything much during the initial drying phase, as has been said occasionally it will smell like hay.

Once you have dried your herb then the best part starts the curing. I honestly believe that the cure process is as important (possibly more so) than the growing part.

The smell of the herb returns and matures once in the jars. I have some THC Bomb that is over 4 months old and it smells lovely. Smelt like nothing when it was drying.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

dave1raver (16-05-17)

Thanks

Many thanks viz
    I have just reserved 4 1.4l glass preserving jars from Argos with the rubber lids and clamp Down lid. Hope they be ok?
    When's best time to start with the jars?? Is it as soon as it's dry to the touch?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dave1raver For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

I have a couple of those Argos 2l ones with the white lids. They are ok, but I have moved over to Kilner 1 litre jars and find they are perfect for my needs. Bought two cases of 12 each from Amazon in the end.

Here is what I do.

Let my herb dry while hanging. Upper teens low twenties temperature wise, in the dark and with air circulating to keep the dreaded rot away. When you take your herb down is up to you. My first two attempts I left it too dry, the optimal I have read is to get your herb to about 62% RH in a jar. Mine was 55% for the first time. Smokes ok but you learn as you go along.

OK so feel your bud and if it feels dry, give a thin stem a bit of a bend. If it snaps cleanly then possibly too dry. I found that the stem snapping crisply but not breaking off was where I wanted my herb to be at. The next phase for me is to now cut the individual buds from the main stems.

I then do one of two things, a) I pop my buds into a Kilner jar and place a small RH meter in the jar with them. Wait 24 hours and see what the reading is. Or, b) if I have very thick and dense cobs on my stems I know that there will be plenty moisture inside the cola's still. I use unwaxed brown paper bags - like the ones that Tesco deliver fruit and veg in - cover the bottom of the paper bag with about two to two and a half inches of herb buds close the bag up with two pegs and pop into a dark space for a few days/weeks. Each day I will open the bags and move the contents around again. This allows me to also check how far the bud has to go. More and more I am finding the paper bag method gives me a way better tasting bud in a much shorter time. Once done I place in Kilner jars and check the RH.

There is a very good thread here on THCtalk that gives chapter and verse on how to cure. I will try and find it for you and post up the link.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast