Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Air Stones in Wilma

Thanks

Default Air Stones in Wilma

Hi again

I'm needing a little advice again here, I'm going to silicon my air stones down in my Wilma I'm using the aquarium stuff just wanted to check on best place to cut down on vibration. I was going to stick straight to the bottom, advice is welcome from anyone who had good results or has any ideas before I get busy

Thank you

Guest Guest

Why would you silicon them down mate? I never have.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (18-05-17)

Thanks

Cantona

It's the vibration i want a super silent system

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

What about a few grows down the line when the airstones need replacing? They dont last forever dude unfortunatly id avoid siliconing them down just look at other ways of quiteing down the system like sitting it on a sound and vibration obsorbing material

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (18-05-17), Dazmandaz (18-05-17), EyeEyePickle (19-05-17), ggotch (18-05-17), joker_the_smoker (18-05-17), mrnice586 (19-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman View Post
    What about a few grows down the line when the airstones need replacing? They dont last forever dude unfortunatly id avoid siliconing them down just look at other ways of quiteing down the system like sitting it on a sound and vibration obsorbing material
    ^^^^ What he said ^^^^

9. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Jesse Pinkman (29-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

zip tie them to a sponge.
    the sponge will also attract pathogens, so remember and rinse it out with bleach every few weeks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

ive been building/converting a wilma for dwc etc and have been experimenting with different airstones n the like.

ive found the large flat circular types dont hammer the bucket as badly as the ball type and so make a lot less noise.
    ive also tried a very long flat aquarium one,that is pretty good as well.
    it seems its best to have a stone where the air only emits from one side/face of it,doesnt whizz about then.

ive also made holes in a hard type plastic tube(from ro filter kit)and tried that,whacked air pump on full power and it turned into a very upset snake,was chaos,took me a while to sponge out the tent so dont reccomend that idea

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (18-05-17), potanist01 (21-05-17)

Thanks

Guys

Ok so I'm talked out of that idea glad I checked in, I had an idea but it cost my Mrs her yoga mat lol she's gutted I'm happy and running silent now.

I'm going to start a dairy as soon as those cutting have taking I'm rally excited and thankful for your input so cool we have all this knowledge and experience in one place

Happy growing

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (19-05-17), ggotch (02-06-17), Jesse Pinkman (29-05-17), potanist01 (21-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WWBB View Post
    Guys

Ok so I'm talked out of that idea glad I checked in, I had an idea but it cost my Mrs her yoga mat lol she's gutted I'm happy and running silent now.

I'm going to start a dairy as soon as those cutting have taking I'm rally excited and thankful for your input so cool we have all this knowledge and experience in one place

Happy growing
    Just make sure you got a chiller the summer heat is almost here.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks

Me nice

Can you tell me more I'm in the uk and I think you are too, I know it's going to warm up where I grow and was thinking of tank temps. How do I deal with the tank temps through summer ? Do you recommend any particular way of doing this or any pointers in the right direction?

Any help will be greatly received I don't want to mess this up down the line.

Happy growing

17. The Following User Says Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

potanist01 (21-05-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast