Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please Help!! Noob advice, overwater or nitrogen toxicity?????

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Hhhhm lad can i ask why you're feeding that plant? why not just pot up? how old is that soil in that pot, a week? and then you fed on top of it, and now you have minor tip claw (first signs of nitrogen tox). I would flush that pot out pronto with lots of water, but not vigorously and then repot into a suitable container cos that pot is puny buddy. best of luck
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Also use 25-30 % perlite of the whole pot volume. so if its a new 10 ltr pot you put it in, then 2.5-3 ltrs of perlite to 7-7.5 ltrs of compost will be great. get some root enhancer like great white, micorhizae or however iuts spelt or even some liquid photosynthesis plus. (this shit if fucking amazing, 100% plant growth in a week. Mental stuff. Dont ph anything either buddy, just measure it, chuck it in water, sling it on plants, jd. best o luck buddy

Thanks

I admit to having zero knowledge! Just advice of people who have grown and internet. I was told my pot was to big because the roots need to pack! So your saying bit of a flush and repot into a bigger pot? Thanks for the advice btw peeps

Viz Guest

Ok very simply you have over fed the plant based on the image and the fact you are growing in soil.

Some additional information would be good. Please provide the answers for the following questions.

What type of plant is it? Auto Fem or Photo-period plant - in other words do you have to change your light cycle to get the plant to flower.
    What are the temps in your grow space?
    Do you have your pot raised off the drip tray surface.

Anyhow this is what I would do. - If an auto flowering plant I would pot up to the final sized pot ASAP. If a photo-period plant you do want to increase the pot size so that the roots can develop more. When you water you want to water around the outer edges and not over the stem. You want to encourage the roots to look for the moisture. Growing in soil means you need to only start feeding Old Timers Grow when your plants show a paling or give other indicators that they need feeding. The soil has the nutrients for at least 4 to 5 weeks.

I would also lift the base of the pot off the flat surface of the drip tray, a couple of bits of wood will do the trick. You want the soil at the bottom of your pot to drain fully and not have roots ever sitting in moisture.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Ok very simply you have over fed the plant based on the image and the fact you are growing in soil.

Some additional information would be good. Please provide the answers for the following questions.

What type of plant is it? Auto Fem or Photo-period plant - in other words do you have to change your light cycle to get the plant to flower.
    What are the temps in your grow space?
    Do you have your pot raised off the drip tray surface.

Anyhow this is what I would do. - If an auto flowering plant I would pot up to the final sized pot ASAP. If a photo-period plant you do want to increase the pot size so that the roots can develop more. When you water you want to water around the outer edges and not over the stem. You want to encourage the roots to look for the moisture. Growing in soil means you need to only start feeding Old Timers Grow when your plants show a paling or give other indicators that they need feeding. The soil has the nutrients for at least 4 to 5 weeks.

I would also lift the base of the pot off the flat surface of the drip tray, a couple of bits of wood will do the trick. You want the soil at the bottom of your pot to drain fully and not have roots ever sitting in moisture.
    He said it was autoduck with temp at 20

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bammer420 View Post
    He said it was autoduck with temp at 20

Cheers I missed that.

Ok so you have an Auto flowering plant, you want to get your plant into the final pot ASAP mate. No mucking about with Auto's

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Guest Guest

Cheers I missed that.

Ok so you have an Auto flowering plant, you want to get your plant into the final pot ASAP mate. No mucking about with Auto's
    Very carefully tho, any mistake will set it back... that's why I start in my final pot I've killed some beautiful babies with sloppy transplants

Guest Guest

Cheers I missed that.

And you think it's safe to transplant with the stress of nuteburn right now?

Viz Guest

Yes it is safe. Actually you really do not have much choice. The way that Auto's work you have maybe two weeks, at a push three weeks left of veg before the plant automatically goes into flower mode. So you really want them in the final pot now. They will have a few days of recover and then crazy growth. Just water around the edges and let the water get down to the bottom without flooding the pot. Make the roots have to work for the moisture.

Soil is quiet forgiving with auto's I have noticed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes it is safe. Actually you really do not have much choice. The way that Auto's work you have maybe two weeks, at a push three weeks left of veg before the plant automatically goes into flower mode. So you really want them in the final pot now. They will have a few days of recover and then crazy growth. Just water around the edges and let the water get down to the bottom without flooding the pot. Make the roots have to work for the moisture.

Soil is quiet forgiving with auto's I have noticed.
    What size pot do you recommend?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to vondudereno For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast