Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this light burn from my LEDS?

Thanks

Whoever helps me solve this has some bitcoin coming your way! Appreciate yalls time!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to potluck4200 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-17)

Thanks

Invisighost so then the 2 lights shouldnt be overkill right? I have them about 40" from the plants for about 24 hours now and im still seeing the yellow on new growth, they were about 28-30" before, but there still getting light burn it looks like, assuming that is actually the problem. Should I go higher?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to potluck4200 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-17)

Thanks

Heres an overview of my 9 babies. They all have the yellowing besides the bottom left one, even the other one I thought didnt have it has it slightly now. Sorry for the quality, the lights make it hard to take pics from far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0240.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	346009  

6. The Following User Says Thank You to potluck4200 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-17)

Thanks

Just highered the lights to a total of 42-45" depending on the plant. First it was at 28-30 and the yellowing was bad, I highered it yesterday to about 35-38 and the yellowing was still happening last night on new growth. Hopeully this helps, if I want to make them higher then this ill have to readjust my highering system so I can go higher, because ill still have to go even higher then this when the plants grow right?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to potluck4200 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-17)

Thanks

Also in a few hours is watering time, should I not give veg nutes this time, just straight PH water, just incase?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to potluck4200 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by potluck4200 View Post
    Just highered the lights to a total of 42-45" depending on the plant. First it was at 28-30 and the yellowing was bad, I highered it yesterday to about 35-38 and the yellowing was still happening last night on new growth. Hopeully this helps, if I want to make them higher then this ill have to readjust my highering system so I can go higher, because ill still have to go even higher then this when the plants grow right?
    I would leave the lights there for a week and see if yellowing still occurs. Light burn is usually an easy fix and you will know for sure. A lot of future issues is also dependent upon the strain you are using. Some are just more tolerable to problems in general, hence some might do well and others not so well using the same methods. Its kind of a trial and error thing. I pre make everthing into my soil so I don't add nutes to my plants at all throughout the grow so someone else is prob better equipped to answer the nutrient question. I always buy small bushy strains, or autoflowers so getting too tall has never been a problem for me. Basically again depending on your strain you may need to adjust height if they are the taller plants. I got light burn with a couple of mine long ago then raised the light and it corrected the issue. As the plants went into flower I lowered the light to the same height as when I did when they were young and got light burn, but this time had no issue with burning..so you'll be experimenting with that too probably but it only takes a time or two and LEDs are light and easy to maneuver so you wont have any issues

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Invisighost For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Invisighost View Post
    I would leave the lights there for a week and see if yellowing still occurs. Light burn is usually an easy fix and you will know for sure. A lot of future issues is also dependent upon the strain you are using. Some are just more tolerable to problems in general, hence some might do well and others not so well using the same methods. Its kind of a trial and error thing. I pre make everthing into my soil so I don't add nutes to my plants at all throughout the grow so someone else is prob better equipped to answer the nutrient question. I always buy small bushy strains, or autoflowers so getting too tall has never been a problem for me. Basically again depending on your strain you may need to adjust height if they are the taller plants. I got light burn with a couple of mine long ago then raised the light and it corrected the issue. As the plants went into flower I lowered the light to the same height as when I did when they were young and got light burn, but this time had no issue with burning..so you'll be experimenting with that too probably but it only takes a time or two and LEDs are light and easy to maneuver so you wont have any issues
    thanks. Yeah I am going to leave the light higher for a few days, I guess I shouldnt expect the yellowing to stop overnight, and it def has not been getting any worst! Hoping someone can tell me if I should nute this feed or not since the plants are under "Stress".

14. The Following User Says Thank You to potluck4200 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by potluck4200 View Post
    thanks. Yeah I am going to leave the light higher for a few days, I guess I shouldnt expect the yellowing to stop overnight, and it def has not been getting any worst! Hoping someone can tell me if I should nute this feed or not since the plants are under "Stress".
    Just from my research I wouldn't begin until the plants are at least 3 to 4 weeks old. Especially since they are probably stressed give it a month and you should be good to go. Honestly dude I've noticed this site isn't really noob friendly. The place I get most my info with people who are actually not smartasses are over at grasscity..maybe try them too for questions

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Invisighost For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Invisighost View Post
    Just from my research I wouldn't begin until the plants are at least 3 to 4 weeks old. Especially since they are probably stressed give it a month and you should be good to go. Honestly dude I've noticed this site isn't really noob friendly. The place I get most my info with people who are actually not smartasses are over at grasscity..maybe try them too for questions
    These are autos and ive grown this strain twice now and I always give 1/4dose veg nutes at day 11 and then move up to 1/2 dose at week 3 until I move onto flowering nutes. Never have a problem with nute burn, and the 1 time I did it didnt look like this so I dont think this has to do with the nutes or me starting too early. I like smaller sites over sites like grasscity.
    Last edited by potluck4200; 20-05-17 at 10:18 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to potluck4200 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-17)

Thanks

Just watered. Used the half the 1/4th of veg nute I usually give them, gave them their normal dose of root excel. Didnt wanna deprive them of veg nutes all together since theyve been getting 1/4 dose the past few feedings and have liked it. Only issue was once they got tall I had the light too close, assuming it is light burn. But I always do this feed schedule with this strain and it likes it. I really do think I just had the lights too close, they were 28-30" from the plants lol. Now they are 40"+ away, I think ill start to see an improvement in the coming days hopefully. Idk why I thought it would repair itself over night.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to potluck4200 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-17)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast