Thread: Black Orchid Inline Fan

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Default Black Orchid Inline Fan

Has anyone tried these? I was having issue's with my 4" (105mh) and lack of enough air being pulled thus extra heat so purchased a 5" Black Orchid (185mh). Has anyone tried to attach a larger fan to a smaller carbon filter or ducting? I may be able to get away with it as it's only an inch bigger so minor mods may be required to hold everything in place.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,772 Times

A lot will depend on the flow rate of the filter mate...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

My bad, I forgot to include that vital piece of info. The filter can handle upto 200 it says.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,772 Times

Should be no problem at all as the filter can handle more than the new fan can provide

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Admiral (20-05-17)

Thanks

Sweet, All I have to do is make sure I fit the fan to the filter and ducting together correctly and straight. Cheers buddy.

Thanks

Their was no way of a diy method to get them fitted so I popped down to screwfix today and picked up a 125-100mm duct reducer.