Thread: New member, new grower, hoping to be welcome :)

Thanks

Default New member, new grower, hoping to be welcome :)

Hey everyone

New here, not a lurked but been interested in growing my own cannabis for a long time now.

I did one plant around 5 years ago outdoors but it went poorly. It was a seed from a friend which he had found in a £20 bag so no telling what it was. It grew to around 5 foot tall but was stretched alot and had minimal sized buds.

I have ordered myself 3 x Skunk #1 feminised automatic seeds which should arrive tomorrow
    I have also gotten myself from the scrap pile at work 4 x 250w MH/HPS ballasts which were destined for the skip. These were the low bay lighting kind for warehouses but we have since installed LED.

I managed to cadge a free 250w OSRAM HPS from my local hydroponics store and it works in the ballast so I'm happy.

I plan on doing 1 plant under my 250w HPS first off as this is my first proper attempt at growing so wish me luck. I also have a 4 inch in-line fan with carbon filter and a small fan, all of which will be in a room which is 3.5' x 3.5' x 15'.

Glad to be around and hope to make some grow friends

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutoManCan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-17)

Viz Guest

Welcome mate.

Your set up looks to be reasonably well though out. I personally like the fact that you mentioned your carbon filter, and extraction fan in your post.

What medium are you growing in, and what nutes are you planning on using?

250W lamp will be perfect for your planned single plant. When you are ready post up a grow diary will certainly want to sub up for that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Welcome mate.

Your set up looks to be reasonably well though out. I personally like the fact that you mentioned your carbon filter, and extraction fan in your post.

What medium are you growing in, and what nutes are you planning on using?

250W lamp will be perfect for your planned single plant. When you are ready post up a grow diary will certainly want to sub up for that.
    Hi Viz,

Thanks for your interest

I will 100% be doing a grow log as of tomorrow if the seeds arrive so I will notify you here.

Do slot of newcomers try and skimp out by missing the fan and filter I presume?

I will be growing in nutrient rich compost which is made by myself for growing veg etc.

Nutrients I am still undecided. With these being autoflower and over in around 3 months I was unsure how beneficial it would be when the soil will be so rich. Any recommendations on this front?

TIA

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AutoManCan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-17)

Viz Guest

Yeah many growers do not want to think about the odour control side of things. That is the single most common cause for the police to come knocking.

If your home made soil is very nutrient rich it could and most likely will hurt your seedlings. They will survive, well most times they will, but with Auto's you have such a limited veg period that you do not want to be messing around. Might be a good idea to have your pot (airpots for the win) soil layered, or simply get some potting mixture and grow in that. I simply used some potting compost from the local hardware store.

In soil you will only really start feeding once they are flowering. I first fed my girls that I grew in soil at the end of week 5. Not sure where you are based but in UK for soil I would suggest Old Timers Bloom and Grow.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Welcome to the forum Automancan. good luck and happy growing.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,692 Times

Hello & Welcome to THCtalk.com Discussion forum m8, hope you enjoy yourself and find plenty of useful information on here……..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDogsNutts For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-17)

Thanks

Started my grow diary Here it is

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutoManCan For This Useful Post:

CloneBonerStallone (24-05-17), ERBURT (24-05-17), GEORGE (24-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Welcome to the forum good luck with your grow

15. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Welcome mate
    Good advice above.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-17)

Thanks

Welcome to the forum AutoManCan.Growing autos myself.Look forward to seeing your girls taking off.All the best.