Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New member, new grower, hoping to be welcome :)

Thanks

Default New member, new grower, hoping to be welcome :)

Hello everyone

New grower here and new member so any advice or criticism is welcomed.

I have recently received several (9) lighting units from work and chains for height adjustment as we have changed over to LED. They are the low bay unit types. The lights run 250w MH and HPS. I also managed to get a 250w OSRAM NAV-T HPS bulb FOC from my local store.

I have purchased 2 in-line 4" fans (one for the inlet and one for the outlet) and a carbon filter to match, the fans shift 150m3/h each. I also have a small fan for circulation inside the room.

The room is 3.5' x 3.5' x 17' and is brick built.

I have ordered 3 x Skunk #1 feminists automatic seeds which should be delivered tomorrow I can't wait.

Does my setup seem OK?

My plan is to germinate in paper towels placed into a Ziploc bag and then plant into the final pots which will be 3 gallon or 5 gallon u decided yet but as they are supposed to finish flowering after 95 days 3 gallon should be enough right?

I then plan to put the seedlings straight under the 250w HPS at a distance of around 16" to make sure I don't kill them off lowering gradually to around 8" or less if possible.

I won't be feeding any nutrients until at least a month in as the soil I will be using is my own nutrient rich stuff I make on my allotment. When I do feed nutrients it will only be at 1/4 strength.

The lights will be on 18/6 throughout the whole grow, as will the fans. I will only introduce the carbon filter when a smell starts to take over.

I plan on growing 1 plant first off as a trial as I have never done this before. I suppose what I am asking is, does my above seem good to go or am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance guys n girls

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AutoManCan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,757 Times

Welcome along matey

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AutoManCan View Post
    Hello everyone

New grower here and new member so any advice or criticism is welcomed.

I have recently received several (9) lighting units from work and chains for height adjustment as we have changed over to LED. They are the low bay unit types. The lights run 250w MH and HPS. I also managed to get a 250w OSRAM NAV-T HPS bulb FOC from my local store.

I have purchased 2 in-line 4" fans (one for the inlet and one for the outlet) and a carbon filter to match, the fans shift 150m3/h each. I also have a small fan for circulation inside the room.

The room is 3.5' x 3.5' x 17' and is brick built.

I have ordered 3 x Skunk #1 feminists automatic seeds which should be delivered tomorrow I can't wait.

Does my setup seem OK?

My plan is to germinate in paper towels placed into a Ziploc bag and then plant into the final pots which will be 3 gallon or 5 gallon u decided yet but as they are supposed to finish flowering after 95 days 3 gallon should be enough right?

I then plan to put the seedlings straight under the 250w HPS at a distance of around 16" to make sure I don't kill them off lowering gradually to around 8" or less if possible.

I won't be feeding any nutrients until at least a month in as the soil I will be using is my own nutrient rich stuff I make on my allotment. When I do feed nutrients it will only be at 1/4 strength.

The lights will be on 18/6 throughout the whole grow, as will the fans. I will only introduce the carbon filter when a smell starts to take over.

I plan on growing 1 plant first off as a trial as I have never done this before. I suppose what I am asking is, does my above seem good to go or am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance guys n girls
    welcome mate all sounds good i would go for the 5 gal pot personally if you got the room for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Yes I have the room. I have 3 and a half foot by 3 and a half foot and as I plan on only growing one plant to start I can use 5 gallon no problem.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

I got my light height adjusters from Amazon there on little rachets and so easy saves the chain method!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks

Hey Sandy,

Just pressed your link and it didn't take me to Amazon:S

Viz Guest

Two threads with the same name is going to confuse folks, has confused me. Ask a mod to merge both threads please.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Dr green fingers (21-05-17), potanist01 (21-05-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Welcome to the Talk.

Have you covered the brick with mylar, or painted it matt white?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Dr green fingers (21-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Welcome to the forum matey

13. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Dr green fingers (21-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,746 Times

Ello matey !!! Welcome aboard 😉 any help or advise don't be afraid to ask fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast