Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New member, new grower, hoping to be welcome :)

Thanks

I will do Viz, thanks for pointing it out.

And at the moment the brick is just brick. I am having Mylar delivered on Wednesday so it shouldn't have an impact to be honest as the seeds will only sprout Tuesday/Wednesday anyway.

I presume you say Matt white as gloss would cause hotspots.

Thanks for the welcomes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AutoManCan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Viz, replying here from your comment in my other thread.

I will check out these airpots you mentioned. I presume they allow more CO2 to the roots for better growth?

I will take your advice on the soil or mix my soil 30% with 70% potting soil for a slightly higher feed soil.

Viz Guest

They allow the roots to air prune and give you a much more robust root mass in the medium. An added benefit of the design is the excellent bottom drainage - pack the medium in well along the sides and you will not have any side leakage.

Soil - should work out OK. Just remember that young seedlings do not like heaps of nitrogen - it burns the roots.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

ggotch (22-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    They allow the roots to air prune and give you a much more robust root mass in the medium. An added benefit of the design is the excellent bottom drainage - pack the medium in well along the sides and you will not have any side leakage.

Soil - should work out OK. Just remember that young seedlings do not like heaps of nitrogen - it burns the roots.
    I have looked into these Airpots and they seem very good. For my first grow though I will stick with 20 litre traditional plastic pots and try the Airpots next time around.

I will be careful with the nitrogen, as you say I don't want them to have too many nutrients and die off. The seeds should be delivered today so hopefully I can start a grow diary tonight and link to it in my signature.
    My order was shipped on 18th May and should arrive within 10 working days which is technically by the 30th May, but I have read alot of reviews saying they had their seeds within 2-3 days.

Can't wait now, like a kid in a sweet shop !!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutoManCan For This Useful Post:

ggotch (22-05-17)

Thanks

Started my grow diary Here it is

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2