Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fan size and filtration

Thanks

Yes I think I may look at that option too (the tent).

Then again I have been pricing up and I can get a 6" inline 550CMH fan with a Rhino filter to match and some ducting chucked in for around £130

Second option is to get a tent which is like you guys said 1m x 1m x 2m for around £80 or so with a 5" TT fan for around £40 and a rhino 5" for around £65 coming to a total of £185 so it's still significantly more expensive. We are talking £50 or more depending what discount I get when I turn up.

Thanks

Viz, I will have a look at the RVK over the TT. Is there any pros and cons as the RVK seems to shift less air and is pricier.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Check ebay too, some good prices can be found in comparisn to stores/online stores

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

M_C (22-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AutoManCan View Post
    Viz, I will have a look at the RVK over the TT. Is there any pros and cons as the RVK seems to shift less air and is pricier.
    the pricier stuff is pricier cos it wont grind to a halt halfway through your grow,cheap shit can and indeed will and in the meantime youll be worrying about it.

something doing this as you can imagine would be a disaster,stink travels far and wide and everyone knows what it is.

do not skimp on the fan nor the filter..having dibble invade your space isnt a nice thing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

M_C (22-05-17)

Viz Guest

RVK is a top brand that plenty folks here are using and have used for years. I would pay the extra and smile every time. Not having a go at the TT at all and if that suites your needs go for it. I am sure it is suitable. There have been a few threads debating the two, and some folks who have both fans have stated that they prefer the RVK.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...00mm-Fighttttt is one example here on THCtalk.

Seriously I have only used Systemair products in my previous line of work a few years back, specifically the Systemair AXCBF-EX 400-7/32 model. That bit of kit is closer to £8000 per unit than not. In all my time working with those units we had no problems. So that is why I rate Systemair hugely. RVK are not their premier range of extractor fans they are the work horse range.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

AutoManCan (23-05-17)

Viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    the pricier stuff is pricier cos it wont grind to a halt halfway through your grow,cheap shit can and indeed will and in the meantime youll be worrying about it.

something doing this as you can imagine would be a disaster,stink travels far and wide and everyone knows what it is.

do not skimp on the fan nor the filter..having dibble invade your space isnt a nice thing.

Agree 100% with you mate.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

ggotch (22-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    RVK is a top brand that plenty folks here are using and have used for years. I would pay the extra and smile every time. Not having a go at the TT at all and if that suites your needs go for it. I am sure it is suitable. There have been a few threads debating the two, and some folks who have both fans have stated that they prefer the RVK.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...00mm-Fighttttt is one example here on THCtalk.

Seriously I have only used Systemair products in my previous line of work a few years back, specifically the Systemair AXCBF-EX 400-7/32 model. That bit of kit is closer to £8000 per unit than not. In all my time working with those units we had no problems. So that is why I rate Systemair hugely. RVK are not their premier range of extractor fans they are the work horse range.
    Okay then, I think I will go with either a 5" RVK L1 and a tent or a 6" RVK L1 without a tent. Either way I will leave the intake.

My local hydro shop do a cheapo intake 5" which would drag in 280CMH for £15 is it worth getting that or would it be ok going passive.

I don't mean to sound like a cheapskate as I am not but I just worry I will spend a load of money and my grow will be shite due to lack of knowledge haha.

Think I will go the tent route if I can pick up a decent priced one on eBay for around £80

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AutoManCan For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

Buy cheap you buy twice.

Passive intake is fine and what I use.

Hyrdrolabs tents are the best in my view and price wise they are very very good. But it is your call ebay tents can be dicey.

Have fun with it and you are right never rush your purchase. Enjoy the process with growing what you get now will be there for years to come so get it right.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

AutoManCan (23-05-17), ggotch (23-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

whatever your extract is pulling out is what will be sucked in via the intake passively anyway,bar the neg pressure needed in the tent,i used to have an intake fan but in reality it didnt do anything worthwhile for me and passive worked the same.

having the intake ducting pulling air in from a fresh air source, ie not same area as your extracting to, is more important really,plants love fresh air and in the hot months its beneficial to have air in from a basement etc where the air is cool/colder.

stick a stocking over the end of that duct to prevent bugs n dust etc getting pulled into tent and youll be good to go.
    Last edited by ggotch; 23-05-17 at 10:57 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Check this item listing out. Prices start from £84 for Rhino Kits. (Filter+fan+duct+clamps) 142232901688

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast