Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What LED would you reccomend for a 1.2 by 1.2 tent?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus Smokes View Post
    Oil heater easier buy and to run than aircon? I dont know btw im HPS

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    And wishing I had LEDs with this weather 28 in bloom room today.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spartacus Smokes For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-05-17), M_C (26-05-17)

Thanks

Everyones sayinh HPS and thats the way I always thought was best but so many people are saying they yield more and higher quality buds with LED? Is it Bullshit Marketing schemes or?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Squib95 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-05-17), ggotch (25-05-17), M_C (26-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

When it is all said and done, I don't really think nothing is better then MH-HPS. But LED's are getting better all the time, and I am very happy with mine.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

ggotch (26-05-17), M_C (26-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times
    Provided Answers: 19

i spent the last year buying in allsorts of lights and have a small collection to choose from so can mix n match now.

i only spent out as i knew i was being laid off and at my age further work is unlikely to be easy to get,plus im an idiot when it comes to flashy things with buttons n shit,have draws full of crap lol..

latest grow is purely a single cmh315 as i needed to see how it compares to hps and led,but all types work well in their different ways and all will be useful to me in coming years.

everybodys enviroments are slightly different and results are more to do with growing style,ability and knowledge,be it their own or helped by forums such as talk,than what light youre using,a light is just a single part of a much bigger picture far as growing goes,go with what you can afford and then concentrate on getting the rest right/sorted n youll be good to go.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-17), M_C (26-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times
    Provided Answers: 20

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Out of interest guys, I can see the appeal of cooler lighting in the summer, but don't you then struggle with low temps in winter?
    Not really M_C when on 12/12 even with a hps would still need a heater lights off. Combination of fan controller and heater controller keeps the temps pretty even winter or summer. I do struggle with low R/H during the winter actually this week my R/H as reached a max of 45% so still a little on the low side.The Leccy bills are also a lot cheaper compared to when i have run a hps.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-17), ggotch (26-05-17), M_C (26-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    Not really M_C when on 12/12 even with a hps would still need a heater lights off. Combination of fan controller and heater controller keeps the temps pretty even winter or summer. I do struggle with low R/H during the winter actually this week my R/H as reached a max of 45% so still a little on the low side.The Leccy bills are also a lot cheaper compared to when i have run a hps.
    Mate do you use a parkasa 300w cob? and of so how much space does it cover?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squib95 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-17), kbag (27-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times
    Provided Answers: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus Smokes View Post
    And wishing I had LEDs with this weather 28 in bloom room today.

28? I came home and mine was 38!

Ive got an industrial fan but can't cool the already hit air coming in!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fwank For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-17), ggotch (26-05-17)

Bulls Guest

Morning guys. I've used both lights and both have +/-. I even wrote a thread about it.
    Answer to your question is - No, you won't get a LED that will completely replace your 600w hps. HPS is just so fucking good!
    But in summer...yes LEDs are needed because of the high temps.. I've got 200w Prakasa which I usually use for vegging but I will put it in my flower tent as temps are insane. Also I just ordered 300w prakasa so will get 500w of LEDS in flowering tent.. but I very much doubt it I will get thte results I am getting using the HPS. Ideally if using LEDS you can chuck a cheeky 250 hps somewhere in there and will make it a lot better + if you running leds in winter HPS will keep them just warm enough not to use heater during lights on period
    I think leds are good but NOT as good as the HPS. Mon the hps !

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-17), ggotch (26-05-17), kbag (27-05-17), Spartacus Smokes (26-05-17), Squib95 (26-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times
    Provided Answers: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Squib95 View Post
    Mate do you use a parkasa 300w cob? and of so how much space does it cover?
    I have only used it in a 80 x 80 cupboard on it's own i feel that is the perfect coverage size. Currently i am using the viparspectra 900w and the prakasa 300w in a 1.45 square tent.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-05-17), Squib95 (27-05-17)

Thanks

I use a 300w prakasa led in a 1.2 x 1.2 and have have 2 successful grows so far. They are an excellent light. Have had good yealds and will continue to use. The only - i can see thus far is that the bud isnt quite as dense as it would be having used hps. Ive certainly no complaints about the strength or quality of the end result.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to studio95 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-05-17), Valentina (01-06-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2