Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How close am I to harvesting my buds?

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Subtle View Post
    It's going in soil, just a standard compost with no added nutrients or slow release shiz.
    There's no need to flush when growing organically in soil. Leave that for hydro and coir growers.

Hobbit Guest

Here is a link to his diary for those not following it. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...Seedling-Stage!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

There's no need to flush when growing organically in soil. Leave that for hydro and coir growers

I think in his other post he says he is using tomorite that's Chem based isn't it ?
    I'm only asking because a mate uses it and his plants are having problems
    I was going to tell him about THCtalk but I don't want him know that I am growing

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

Subtle (28-05-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Innerself View Post
    I think in his other post he says he is using tomorite that's Chem based isn't it ?
    I'm only asking because a mate uses it and his plants are having problems
    I was going to tell him about THCtalk but I don't want him know that I am growing
    Tomorite isn't organic (I had it confirmed by Levington) but it does contain seaweed - which is organic.
    It could be like Maxicrop Calcified Seaweed, which is no longer listed as organic as it is no longer approved by the Soil Association for use in organic growing, due to concerns that the harvesting of the material is not sustainable and has adverse effects on the marine environment.

I've grown tomatoes with tomorite in the past, and never had to flush them. Eaten them straight off the vine.

He is growing in "standard compost" which would be organic.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (28-05-17), Subtle (28-05-17)

Thanks

Thanks guys, I'm flushing with Carboload at the moment, (2ml/1L) and PH level at 6.5... she just absorbed almost 5L of water so hopefully the leaves will recover somewhat. I have also adjusted the fan so there's less wind on them (I think it's windburn on the leaves)

Thanks everyone so far.
    Learning the ropes... All comments & feedback are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

looking good!!

Thanks

I'm no expert but I've done a lot of research. I wouldn't worry too much about the leaves now if its close to harvest. The plant is putting its efforts into bud growth which is what you want. I'm jealous yours is so close to harvest, mine has another 7-8 weeks

Thanks

If it were mine I would give it another 10 days to 2 weeks with a light molasses feed get those remaining white pistils browned off, you can't go on the pistils as you do want to use a loupe but if you are caught without then not leaving any white hairs is a good way to "guestimate" when to harvest, you're patience is rewarded with more potent thc, you know when you have left it too long as the bud adopts a brownish sheen, this is the trichomes maturing beyond ripe and loosing their milky colouration, Amber trichomes means serious couchlock where as milky are more of and energised high, it's actually personal preference when to harvest as timing affects the high your finished bud will have.
    The bottom line is get a loupe of off eBay, I got one for £3.20 from China and its great, aim for about two thirds milky one third Amber trichomes and your smoke should be quite satisfactory each time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to swansneck For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (02-06-17)

Thanks

I'm about 4 weeks into my first grow, and I've just fed them for the first time with an organic liquid fertiliser (on the label it says for fruit and vegetables - it smells yummy, actually - sort of Marmite and molasses!). They're growing outside on the roof terrace in 12 litre pots in a standard seeding compost. Presumably I'll need to flush them when the time comes, yes? I'm in Greece, so all the brand names that are recommended by growers here on the site don't apply - I have to just sort of guess what will best suit my needs.

Looking to the future, will I be able to re-use the soil in the pots for another grow, or would I need to dispose of the soil and replace it with new stuff? Presumably over the winter the old roots would rot and kind of fertilise the soil, wouldn't they? I haven't got a clue, so I'm hoping someone wiser than me will be able to advise. Reason I ask is because getting rid of the old soil will be a royal pain in the arse, as I don't have a garden I can just dump it in.

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nisakiman View Post
    I'm about 4 weeks into my first grow, and I've just fed them for the first time with an organic liquid fertiliser (on the label it says for fruit and vegetables - it smells yummy, actually - sort of Marmite and molasses!). They're growing outside on the roof terrace in 12 litre pots in a standard seeding compost. Presumably I'll need to flush them when the time comes, yes?

Looking to the future, will I be able to re-use the soil in the pots for another grow, or would I need to dispose of the soil and replace it with new stuff? Presumably over the winter the old roots would rot and kind of fertilise the soil, wouldn't they? I haven't got a clue, so I'm hoping someone wiser than me will be able to advise. Reason I ask is because getting rid of the old soil will be a royal pain in the arse, as I don't have a garden I can just dump it in.
    Hi mate,

There's no need to flush with organics. That's for hydro and coir growers.

Personally, I do not reuse the soil and prefer to use fresh each time. If you do re-use it, then use it for some other plants/veg instead.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

nisakiman (04-06-17)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast