Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Two problems with my plants

Viz Guest

Will check back tomorrow.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-17)

Thanks

Hello again everybody, sorry if I'm a bit late.

So, I've completely changed my lighting in my grow tent, and I've also installed an oscillating fan near the grow tents ceiling that circulates the air and gives my plants a nice light breeze.

Previously, I had a bunch of CFLs turned on in my grow tent, but they were too far away from my plants and did not provide my plants with enough light, which caused my plants to grow a taller stem.
    Luckily, I've reacted before the situation got out of control and decided to put a CFL right on top of my pots. That CFL has been supplying enough light to my plants for about 3 days.
    I know that it was enough, because the stems haven't been growing taller, but the leaves continued developing as usual.
    Now I have a wooden board, to which I mounted 6 CFL (each of them is ~2.5k lumens) lamps parallel to each other, and I've mounted that board onto heavy-duty metal tripods (to control the height of the board, and hence the distance from the plants).
    The distance between those CFLs and plants is now greater (10-15 cm), but I'm getting 3 times as much light as I had with a single tube on top of my pots, which is a plus, I think.
    I've also mounted an oscillating fan which I turn on and off occasionally to circulate air and strengthen my plants' stems.

My plants have been growing under this the new lighting system for 1.5 days now, and the edge curling thingy is still there (it's not getting worse though, which is good).
    I know that heat is not the problem, because my CFLs are now even farther away from my plants (CFLs that I'm using produce little if no heat).
    I know that air circulation is not the problem, because my fan is turned on ~8 hours a day.
    I'm watering my plants properly, the leaves are nice and broad, they have a healthy green color, not droopy or forming a "claw".
    As I said previously, I haven't been feeding my seedling with anything but drinking water (~7 PH).

So what could cause that edge curling then?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to famSquadGrower1337 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-17)

Thanks

Should I just give my plants a week or so to recover and then report their health?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to famSquadGrower1337 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-17)

Viz Guest

I think that might be the best. May I also suggest that once you get to 10 posts you upload an image that will help big time.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-17), Greengrass (30-05-17), M_C (30-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    once you get to 10 posts you upload an image that will help big time.
    Sure. I actually wanted to post a few pics when I was creating this thread.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to famSquadGrower1337 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-17)

Viz Guest

Two more to go my friend, head off to the three word story and the five word story thread and play a round in each and you are sorted.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-17), Greengrass (30-05-17), M_C (30-05-17)

Thanks

Ok, hello again, everybody. I've taken a few photos of my tent setup, and also shot my seedlings up close: https://postimg.org/gallery/2tclr8zbc/a40d4606/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to famSquadGrower1337 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-17)

Thanks

They are all about a week old.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to famSquadGrower1337 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-17)

Thanks

They look just fine to me. Give em some time.
    I don't know anything... And I can prove it!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CloneBonerStallone For This Useful Post:

famSquadGrower1337 (30-05-17), GEORGE (19-06-17)

Thanks

Not enough air circulation.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to logan97jay For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-17)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast