Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Green lights

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

Default Answered: Green lights

So im finding with my hr pattern on 12/12 at night im struggling to get in there due to being comatose by 7pm lights on 7pm, so i need to go in in the day when its dark and do my work, can i use any old bulb and paint it green ? will this give the green spectrum or just some fucked up spectrum that is still seen byt the plant?

If it fine then i plan to use a 100 watt cfl and paint it green, but lets see what peeps say!

thanks in advance
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

2. "Active eye Green lantern (search terms) is what I gather is the Green light available for working in tents/groom during the dark from places like Amazon Ebay and hydro stores. Not sure that painting a CFL green would do the job, I just don't know. You could put a lamp inside a mountain dew bottle I guess that should work too."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-06-17)

Viz Guest

Active eye Green lantern (search terms) is what I gather is the Green light available for working in tents/groom during the dark from places like Amazon Ebay and hydro stores. Not sure that painting a CFL green would do the job, I just don't know. You could put a lamp inside a mountain dew bottle I guess that should work too.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-06-17), SmobyToker#1 (02-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

I know that Jesse Pinkman uses a green CFL in his room, couldn't tell you if there is any particular spectrum output though
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

I use a green 4w LED for this.

But I do not use it for doing work in there, It is handy if I've left my shears in the groom and that's it.

I'm sceptical about introducing any light to my groom during lights off.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-06-17), ggotch (27-05-17), SmobyToker#1 (02-06-17)

MrChedHead Guest

I just go in an hour before lights on with a flashlight lol... hasnt seemed to cause me any issues to date tbh smobes

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times
    Provided Answers: 71

Look up phytochrome mate
    this will give and lead you to the true scientific answers about how they remember what colours and when and how it all works.
    There's a book called what a plant knows very well worth a read and will explain better than me.
    Blessings
    Redz
    Hope this help a bit
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Blue (28-05-17), British green (28-05-17), GEORGE (02-06-17), ggotch (31-05-17), M_C (28-05-17), SmobyToker#1 (02-06-17)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

I found an app for my phone that puts out apparently, a 100% green light on your screen. Seems legit ?

Who knows, but its called Hydroponics Green Screen Light. I broke my Lumii head light, piece of flimsy garbage it was.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huktonfoniks For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-06-17), potanist01 (02-06-17), SmobyToker#1 (02-06-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Huktonfoniks View Post
    I found an app for my phone that puts out apparently, a 100% green light on your screen. Seems legit ?

Who knows, but its called Hydroponics Green Screen Light. I broke my Lumii head light, piece of flimsy garbage it was.
    Interesting!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 420mtb For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-06-17), potanist01 (02-06-17), SmobyToker#1 (02-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times
    Provided Answers: 19

i was using a marine signal lamp(green or red)off my old boat for a while,not entirely sure why though ,but going with autos full time now its not needed really,i could ride my bike into tent with its headlamp on,they wouldnt take blind bit of notice .

if i ever did photos,personally id probably not risk it,would be too much of a gamble i think.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

Flipping heck look at all that input. well thanks soooooo much i dont have time to scratcxh a tick off me bell end at the moment but i will be on here doing an update later and replies to this green light. i feel like sucha c u next tuesday giving nothing at the moment. sorry for my absences. anyway i hope to do that later. the problem is i go out to work all day mostly, i get home at 6-ish and then eat, followed by an after dinner joint, that is lethal cos im usually asleep and dead to the world by 7-730.

i promise i will do more for the newb and ting soon. sorry for being a shit updater too. the frisian dew spunked all over my plants, but they are still lokking good, no brown hairs, the buds are getting fat for 4 weeks considering.

anyway till later bud heads

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-06-17), ggotch (01-06-17), potanist01 (02-06-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast