Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do I freeze my trimmings to make hash later?

Thanks

Default Do I freeze my trimmings to make hash later?

Sorry guys, doing things in a big hurry here… basically, I’ve just harvested my plant. I have people coming to look at my house tomorrow, so I wanted to get all traces safely away – smell etc.

Trichomes have been milky for weeks, and it’s been well flushed etc. So I’ve cut all the “branches” off, trimmed leaves off etc, and am going to hang the branches up to dry somewhere.

Question is… I've put all the stems with buds on them to one side, but the leaves and everything I’ve cut off have nearly filled a bucket, and they’re quite sticky with resin, so it would seem a terrible waste to put them on my compost heap. I’ve started reading about bubble hash etc, sounds quit interesting, but as I say I’ve run out of time.

Can I freeze the leaves etc? If so, do I need to wet them in the freezer bags? Threads I’ve seen elsewhere seem to suggest this.

Just need a quick pointer at this stage – how to preserve them for later when everything’s calmed down! I can study proper techniques later, at my leisure…

Oh… and should I just put the little buds that grow along the stems (is that what you call “popcorn”?) in with the trimmings, or dry them on the stems?

Thanks guys

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hogweed For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (29-05-17), GEORGE (29-05-17), potanist01 (29-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times

You not fancy making oil instead?
    Last edited by FunkyB; 29-05-17 at 06:52 PM.
    Sent using a rudimentary device
    https://s32.postimg.org/5nlg414id/bunt_funk.jpg
    Current Grow:Super Critical Bud CBD. Diary here
    Last Grow: Green Love Potion & BlackJack
    Completed Diary: Cali Orange, Coco here.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-17), Hogweed (29-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Yeah jus chuck in freezer mate

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-17), ggotch (29-05-17), Hogweed (29-05-17), M_C (29-05-17), potanist01 (29-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Hogweed View Post
    Sorry guys, doing things in a big hurry here… basically, I’ve just harvested my plant. I have people coming to look at my house tomorrow, so I wanted to get all traces safely away – smell etc.

Trichomes have been milky for weeks, and it’s been well flushed etc. So I’ve cut all the “branches” off, trimmed leaves off etc, and am going to hang the branches up to dry somewhere.

Question is… I've put all the stems with buds on them to one side, but the leaves and everything I’ve cut off have nearly filled a bucket, and they’re quite sticky with resin, so it would seem a terrible waste to put them on my compost heap. I’ve started reading about bubble hash etc, sounds quit interesting, but as I say I’ve run out of time.

Can I freeze the leaves etc? If so, do I need to wet them in the freezer bags? Threads I’ve seen elsewhere seem to suggest this.

Just need a quick pointer at this stage – how to preserve them for later when everything’s calmed down! I can study proper techniques later, at my leisure…

Oh… and should I just put the little buds that grow along the stems (is that what you call “popcorn”?) in with the trimmings, or dry them on the stems?

Thanks guys
    dunno if you have a vac bag machine,but i just vacuum bag the lot and freeze for later use,i do it fresh with no problem but ive seen dry stuff done with no problems as well.

if no vacuum then i would squeeze out as much air as possible ,seal securely and try that,maybe double bag it perhaps.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyB View Post
    You not fancy making oil instead?
    Oooooooh, do tell...?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hogweed For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (29-05-17), GEORGE (29-05-17), Yardie-bre (03-07-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hogweed View Post
    Oooooooh, do tell...?
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Cannabis-Oil

Would require a cure idealy but I didn't bother with the trim, just dried it and got it into an air tight container, 3 ounces jarred with another 1 oz to come(from 4 plants). I'll be adding an oz and a half of cured bud too it once it's finished. It would mean drying instead of freezing today though. There is a butane method which can work with frozen trim/bud but the linked method is the one I've familiarised myself with. No good for non frosty fan leaves though.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

BHO is a faster way to make oil
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (29-05-17), GEORGE (29-05-17), Hogweed (29-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    BHO is a faster way to make oil
    I'm from Belfast... don't like loud bangs with me in the middle of them

I've stuck the trimmings in bags in the freezer for now thanks - like I say, I just need a quick fix to get this all out of the way for tomorrow.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hogweed For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (29-05-17), FunkyB (29-05-17), M_C (29-05-17), noob12345 (08-08-17), Yardie-bre (03-07-17)

farmshop Guest

I've done both dried and frozen. Had a better run with the dry ground down trim.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to farmshop For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (29-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farmshop View Post
    I've done both dried and frozen. Had a better run with the dry ground down trim.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    BHO or RSO method?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast