Thread: Carbon Filter size help.

Thanks

Default Carbon Filter size help.

OK, I'm about to buy a carbon filter, But I'm unsure of which size I will need based on my setup.

I have a 4x4 Secret Jardin DS 120, A single 600HPS (Non air-cooled hood, Parabolic reflector). I already have a 10" Vents TT inline fan and a fan controller that I want to use, And don't really want to buy another fan, I was going to buy a 10" rhino carbon filter, But I'm having doubts if I will need one that size, So I thought it would ask first.

What is the ideal solution for the carbon filter to work as it should. Reducers and a smaller filter? Just buy the 10" filter and it will work ok with fan speed turned down. Help please.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

my flower tent is also 120 x 120 i use an 8inch rhino pro filter. when choosing filter size it depends on the the extractor. you want the m3/hr bigger on the filter rather than the extractor or closely matched as possible.

what is your extractor rated at m3/hr eg;820m3/hr ...

Thanks

My fan is upto 1400 m3/hr and the carbon filter I was going to buy is a 10" Rhino Hobby Filter 250x600mm 1429 m3/hr.

But I will only be having my fan running at around 30% so I wasn't sure what was needed.

Thanks

if only runnin it at 30% then 8inch would have been plenty but.. if you stickin with that then yeaa that filter m3/hr is good but dont get the hobby mate get the pro worth the extra pennys kida trust me

Thanks

Thanks for your help, I will go with the 10" pro version 1420 m3/hr
    Last edited by Giotto; 30-05-17 at 04:38 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Giotto View Post
    Thanks for your help, I will go with the 10" pro version 1420 m3/hr
    thats only 1125m3/hr for the big 8inch one. so either go 10inch filter or drop the extractor down.........

Thanks

Ok so I have a problem, I was going to buy the 10" until I realised that 10" ducting won't fit in my tent. Any other options? Reducers and use the 8" L1?

I'm going to have my fan turned down, so doubt I will be needing 1000+ cfm carbon filter. But, I'm not sure.