Thread: Defoliation in mid flower?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Default Defoliation in mid flower?

Heya guys im on 28th day of flower defoliated right before swtich, 10 days later as well and after another 10 days or so defoliated the bushier girls and now they seem to need another defo, all bag seeds, they seem to like the defo so far. they look hybrids, grew them to 50x50cm and 60cm tall under 400w mh\hps.. so defo or not to defo that is the question

lamps are on but bics anyway
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18901843_10154447538161356_1848552273_o.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	346597 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18926189_10154447538176356_1524675461_o.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	346598

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

so u 4 weeks from flip matey. hmmm i wouldnt go attacking them heavy if were me. i do a big trim 2 week from flip an a mini tidy up again on 3rd but nothin heavy. you don't wana be stressin them to much now. you shuda lolly popped them when the stretch finished.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

heya mate im not a big fan about the idea of taking off potential buds. am though a big fan of using only the leaves my plants need to thrive and willing to have a stress if its gona benefit me with yields u see? the only question is how hard would the stress be in comparison to the light penetration which is the number one source of energy imho

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (03-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

yea no wa ya mean matey then it directs all its energy to them main colas but i would be more concered about the stress causing them to hermie. u might get away with trimmin the bottom quarter

Thanks

yea that makes sense as the top third barely grows any fan leaves.. happy trimmin ill post pics soon ))

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    yea no wa ya mean matey then it directs all its energy to them main colas but i would be more concered about the stress causing them to hermie. u might get away with trimmin the bottom quarter
    pics time.
    before and after defo on the bigger plant and some closeups

what do u think should i defo a lil more?
    and overall just went into the 27th night and 28th day.. how do they look?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Here is what I've done on my last grow to what seems to be good results but I'm no expert and i find this an issue among growers with many different opinions.

Every two to three weeks I've taken off any of the older larger fan leaves to let the light get through and get to the buds and also to let the smaller leaves catch up and take their place, now when I say I've taken them off, I've gone on the side of caution as to not go too far and still leave a nice canopy to transfer nutrients round the plants and to catch the light.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

ggotch (10-06-17), Shreder (13-06-17)

Thanks

thats a massive crop right there mate! whats ur light setting?
    im on day 35 and the leftie started to bulk up quickly the last couple of days so i guess 2-3 weeks til i chop her.. thricomes r still clear tho.. any good advice on how to know when should i fluah with bag seeds?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Karsa (16-09-17)