Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I can smell my skunk outside by the vent

Thanks

Default I can smell my skunk outside by the vent

Ok guys, I have an issue that needs sorting. I have a Rhino 4 inch carbon filter set up 'inside' my 2ft x 5ft grow tent. Its suspended right at the top of the tent. From there, the air cooled hood is connected to it sucking the air through the filter, past my bulb and out through the top of the tent outlet and into the 4 inch inline fan sucking it through then outside. The ducting goes around my shed so i can monitor the smell outside myself before someone else does.
    Since my super skunk has burst into flower she stinks! My question is, how is it still smelling if i have a carbon filter setup inside? The tent was too small to have the fan incorporated inside it, so the next best thing is putting the carbon filter in the tent and suck the air out using the inline fan in an adjacent room then outside.
    Any ideas on reducing the smell? Also the carbon filter is only 6 months old
    There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go.

~Richard Bach

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud-e For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Do you have negative pressure?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bud-e (04-06-17), ggotch (04-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

seems you have a leak in your ducting,prolly the aircooled lamp.

4" filter would likely mean you have 4" fan and thatll struggle pulling everything through filter id have thought if you also have a cool hood in the duct run.

better to have a seperate run for the cool hood,completely sealing out of the equation and try the filter to fan only.

as mc are tent sides sucking in? you have to have that,neg pressure,else stink will leak out the seams/zips etc.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Bud-e (04-06-17), M_C (04-06-17)

Thanks

Yes I have negative pressure, its very noticable when zipping/unzipping the tent

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud-e For This Useful Post:

ggotch (04-06-17), M_C (04-06-17)

Viz Guest

if you have negative pressure then the leak is outside of your tent. Wet your hand and run it over your ducting keeping your damp hand about an inch from the ducting. This will quickly show you the area where there may be a leak. Easy to fix I suspect.

Which four inch fan are you using. I bought one for venting heat out my shed and it is crap, might look at the brand you are using as it must be better than the POS I bought which could not cause negative pressure in a brown paper bag.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Bud-e (04-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

This is quite strange to be honest. Maybe you should attempt to connect the fan directly to the filter. Least this way all the air is passing through the filter first.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

Bud-e (04-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Check your duct for holes and also your filter
    Might of had it if it's done a few grows.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Bud-e (04-06-17), ggotch (04-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Surely if the fan and filter are fitted directly together, and enough negative pressure. How come its leaving a strong exterior odour? Why would a slight leak somewhere affect the smell? Surely the filter has had it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

Bud-e (04-06-17), ERBURT (04-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

What air cooled hood is it? Because I'd say that could be your culprit.

I have pulled air through mine before and experienced similar issues, not a massive smell, but it was there.
    The best bet is to blow air through your air hood because you want to create a positive pressure inside your air hood not negative when the filter is before the lights.

If space is an issue maybe try running the carbon filter right at the end of your ducting. I'd keep the fan close to the intake tho, fans generally seem to prefer blowing air than sucking it.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...aze-Coco-Scrog

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

Bud-e (04-06-17)

Thanks

Thank you all for replying. My hood is a Black Orchid hood slightly modified to fit my tent as its a tight squeeze. However I did a ocd job on it so its sealed. My inline fan is a 4 inch RVK Ruck inline fan. Maybe my Rhino filter is no good? I can smell it but its faint, but its there. I may buy a new filter if all else fails. Thanks for all replies guys

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud-e For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (05-06-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast