Thread: Thoughts on 600w LED light?

Thanks

Default Answered: Thoughts on 600w LED light?

I currently need to upgrade my lighting system for 3 plants in the beginning of veg, and currently have them in my closet. I've always heard/read that MH and HPS lights are best, but for my situation with them being in a closet it would produce a lot of heat that would be hard for me to control. I've been doin research on LED grow lights and have read that the 600w Viparspectra reflective light has worked well for most people and would solve my problems regarding heat control and even save $$$.

Does anyone currently use LED lights or have an input on whether or not they are a good investment and a good alternative to HPS lights?
    -thanks

2. "Imho I personally think a 315w cdm light will be better for you but if are really after some led lights have a look at the cobs and ask clunge to point you in the right direction

Sent from a green pleasant land"

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KingCon For This Useful Post:

British green (08-06-17), GEORGE (15-06-17), ggotch (08-06-17), kbag (08-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

Imho I personally think a 315w cdm light will be better for you but if are really after some led lights have a look at the cobs and ask clunge to point you in the right direction

Sent from a green pleasant land

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-17), ggotch (08-06-17), kbag (08-06-17)

Thanks

Ive heard nothing but good stuff about cobs and am going to try to diy a large setup ive used the vipar spectra and mars leds and they are quite nice in a controlled environment. But i dont enjoy that they spew hot air allover the tent so im gonna make it a watercooled setup. Veg and bloom switches are nice cause u get to save half the electricity while they arent on. The trich production on em is awesome tho. My final take i guess is nice for scrog but underpowered when it comes to penetration

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WakaWaka For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times
    Provided Answers: 19

yep,cdm ftw..much better value for money in my book now.ive got hps and led,but the hps caused me too many heat/rh problems and of course running costs were high and led either came together or didnt for my grows so niether were perfect for my circumstances/enviroment.

was sceptical as fk about cdm/cmh(same thing) but have just finished grow and theyve surpassed anything i could have thought about them.

even sold off my brand new led panels so i can get another and i notice theyre cheaper now.

if going for cmh and you have home size small tent id reccomend getting seperates as opposed to mine which has the ballast builtin to the end of it,hard work lining it up n raising lowering etc with an all in one plus youre limited as to what reflector you can use.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

autobox (16-06-17), GEORGE (15-06-17)