Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flushing - dense buds and weed growing snobs

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

100% I don't flush, chemical nutrients would need flushing

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-06-17), M_C (08-06-17), toblue (08-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    100% I don't flush, chemical nutrients would need flushing
    Thats meant to say

"100% Organic I don't flush, chemical nutrients would need flushing"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

ggotch (09-06-17), joker_the_smoker (09-06-17), M_C (09-06-17), toblue (09-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

ive only flushed my autos in soil if having problems and last 4 days ish i simply stop everything and run till dry,that makes her yellow up n running empty by time i chop,all my erb in vaporiser tastes clean and taste is main reason i grow.

i have considered trying a last feed with plain RO water as ive heard it leechs nutes back out of plants but i havent really got a decent setup that would prove it one way or another.

im always trying new ideas out and also trying out ideas that are on a vegatable/horticulture site im on,most have come to nothing but its all part of the fun factor of growing for me.

theres never any point in me getting technical about anything as i have a memory loss disorder so forget anything but the basics after a while.

sometimes even forget the basics actually

and my name..pffft

got given something called "peng" last week,no idea what it was tbh,tasted hideous in the vapouriser,its the in thing out on our streets now apparently, hideous tasting chemical shit thats neither couchlock nor a happy high buzz,just a chemical fueled woozy feeling.

my runtodry unflushed toof decay on other hand is stunning in comparison
    Last edited by ggotch; 09-06-17 at 11:08 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-06-17), Loki (09-06-17), M_C (09-06-17), toblue (09-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

I Have been doing some more web browsing mainly on non-cannabis growing sites. I have come to the conclusion that flushing probably is a good idea when using synthetic nutes, tasting the non-flushed courgette also gave me first hand experience of what can happen.

For this grow at least (in coco) at day 7 I will 1/2 nutes day 6 -1/4, day 5 - 1/8, then zero at ph 6 until harvest with as much as they can drink with plenty run off. I will be testing run off to help me decide exactly.

As far as leaf trimming goes I think lolipopping is a great idea but would go easier on the top of the canopy next time. I had a basic understanding of the way the leaves work but have now found out they work like little pumps pulling nutrients up from the soil to the top of the canopy and that the roots and plant stems are moere or less just storage chambers.

Please note I am not trying to give advice to anyone. This is my first grow. I just want to be knowledgeable enough to know why I am doing something with my plants rather than just doing it because I have read it somewhere.
    Last edited by toblue; 09-06-17 at 12:14 PM.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-06-17), ggotch (12-06-17), Loki (10-06-17), M_C (09-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,968 Times

I recently had a big build up of salts and a fucked up ph in the run off from my plants in coco. Joker, BA and Rockhopper all suggested that I flush to get the ph back in range and the remove nutrient build up. Despite running 120 litres of ph'd water through the worst one and a minimum of 50 litres through the other three, it was the best thing I could've done. The difference in the plants was unreal. I reckon if I hadn't they'd be suffering pretty badly now so I'm all up for flushing.
    .....and a big thank you to those mentioned.....
    As for the flushed/unflushed debacle. I think that you can taste the difference, but that's just me.
    I also think that people might mistake weed that's been tampered with for unflushed weed.
    TLS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Lost Soul For This Useful Post:

M_C (11-06-17), toblue (11-06-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2