Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flushing - dense buds and weed growing snobs

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default Flushing - dense buds and weed growing snobs

I have been doing some internet studying as I do most days and came across an interesting post which seems to go against everything I have done or intended to do. I found it very interesting especially point 2 regarding flushing. After looking into this I found flushing is often not practised by some very experienced growers.

I'm still out on this one. I do know that it would be easier for someone inexperienced like myself to look at the trichomes and calculate that they will be ready for the chop in maybe a day or so rather than calculate a week (coco) or even 2 weeks if in soil. Maybe I will flush for just 2 days. The only thing putting me off is I live in an area where show leeks and other vegetables are grown and they taste awfull, one courgette I tasted was almost metalic.

Anyhow here is the post,

Big healthy green leaves are crucial to making big dense buds.

1. Never remove a leaf from the plant, unless the leaf is already about to fall off on it's own due to over-maturity(or accidental/premature death). Pruning shade leaves to increase light reaching lower buds is not a wise choice. You will never make up for the loss of production to the top of the plant from whatever may be gained on the lower part. The answer to that is to provide sufficient lighting to the lower buds, optimal reflectivity is the best way to get more light to the lower parts of the plant. Or just remove them from the plant(why you would is another argument really, so I won't be addressing it here, but I don't recommend it either). Light loses intensity/strength based on distance from the source. So you gain relatively little from doing anything except moving the source closer to the plant, or vise versa. Leaves serve a very important purpose in maintaining plant health and vigor. Buds are not going to efficiently feed themselves without them. LEAVES ARE BUD FEEDERS, NOT BUD FOOD!

2. Never flush. Pre-harvest flushing is such a fat dense bud killer it's not even funny. Just in the hopes of getting a better-flavored smoking material. Which you won't. It may actually worsen the flavour, density, smokability, and/or potency of the buds. MINIMALLY you will lose harvested/dried weight. You're essentially starving the plant to death. When you should be feeding it what it needs to grow the BIGGEST DENSEST buds at the point in it's life cycle when that's exactly what it wants to do. Yes, I know the article mentions it, but I don't see that as a recommendation. Just how to incorporate the method, if desired. Which you should desire not, trust me. Much foolishness. Mother Nature, the best grower in the universe, doesn't flush her plants, and nor should you. AND IT WILL ACTUALLY INCREASE INTERNODE LENGTH/STRETCH, GUARANTEED!!!

Lastly, stems. Bigger, denser, heavier buds also need bigger thicker stems to pipe in all the nutritional building blocks used to make them, and to help support their weight. While controlling internode length is very effective at improving density, providing a simulated breeze of adequate strength is THE ONLY non-nutritional way to build a larger-diameter/sturdier stem structure. When the plant grows to resist the forces of wind it will naturally respond to it by thickening it's stems/branches. This benefits the buds come flowering time by allowing them to grow much larger and/or faster. In this sense you can force the plant to grow as if it were older, taller, and/or heavier than it really is. You also will have less need to support the plant by manual methods(stakes, strings, cages, etc.)
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-06-17)

Thanks

Personally, I think it would depend on the strength of nutrients you feed as to whether you could get away with either no flush or a short 2-day flush.

Here is another interesting point of view from another site

Yea as the name implies this thread is about bud that isn't starved before it's harvested a.k.a "flushed" Yes there has been many many arguments about flushing vs not flushing. and yet Everyone who is for flushing does it because someone they know, or someone who is their customer/client does it or asks for it. The people who belief that marijuana is like every other living fucking plant and doesn't need flush have all done expirements and have found out for themselves.

Ok so I don't flush my bud, and my nugs don't burn harsh nor do they get "black or sparky" for all of you that don't know, this is do to a shitty cure not because nutrients magically moved through the roots up the plant stock (if you have troubles believing this just look up how PLANTS take up nutrients, yes MJ is a plant like any other) and decided to just make a home in your buds. If you understood how plants work or had common sense you'd realize that starving something when it's in it's most crucial stages is iresponsible as a grower. Furthermore no one in the history of agriculture flushes their product, the tobacco industry doesn't flush. Why is marijuana so magically different? It's not, so quit trying to make it something more than it is.

Out of 3 blind taste tests NO ONE has ever been able to tell a difference in flushed and unflushed (with a proper cure). If you want to argue that you can taste a difference please explain how you came up with these results as I am always trying to figure out where this theory has actual facts too it. I am always open to intellectual positive conversation. Of course the majority of people who flush don't have intellectual answers to why they flush, they just do. STOP micromanaging a weed. If you grew the plant correctly to begin with your gonna have bomb as nug regardless. If you cure your bud properly you won't have the harsh smoke that is blamed on non-flushed weed. Like I've said I've done this expirement 3 times because someone has somewhat of a point so I test it out again thinking I missed something yet there never is anything different. Also something to remember a Plant is like Us (humans) we all differ from one another in some way. I just recently harvested two plants of the same strain that both tasted completely different after cure. So I can see how easily people can mispercieve their judgments on taste but You have to understand that nothing in this world benifits from starving and eating off of itself the last few weeks of it's life.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-06-17), Smokedragon (08-06-17)

Thanks

And then this Quote.

"I don't know why it is good, but if every cannabis cup entrant and winner gets flushed then I am flushing mine at home.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-06-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    So I can see how easily people can mispercieve their judgments on taste but You have to understand that nothing in this world benifits from starving and eating off of itself the last few weeks of it's life.
    You sound passionate on this subject. I don't want to even attempt a debate on the subject. I would, however like to point out that some clams and oysters taste better if they are allowed to sit and filter fresh clean water prior to killing and eating raw. My daddy always told me to feed a possum a sweet potato when you catch it and wait a couple days so it will be better eating when you get around to it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smokedragon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-06-17), Loki (08-06-17), toblue (08-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

i duno were to start disagreeing tbh.. am to tired

each to their own

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (08-06-17), GEORGE (08-06-17), ggotch (08-06-17), M_C (08-06-17), toblue (08-06-17), Type M (14-06-17)

MrChedHead Guest

Bla bla bla over analysed... i always fush fr atleast 2 weeks in coco always an my buds have really swollen up, i have grown some real fat ones trust ... its just gardening man people need to chill

Oh and one last thing from experience i can sure tell the difference smoking flushed and unflushed weed fr sure!! Its the coughin after a nail a bong of unflushed vs nice smooth bowl filler of flushed

But as joker says... each to their own init
    Last edited by MrChedHead; 08-06-17 at 04:30 PM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-06-17), ggotch (09-06-17), joker_the_smoker (08-06-17), M_C (08-06-17), toblue (08-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

started flushing my plants 4 days ago, i'm not sure if it will be 2 or 3 weeks before chop, i'm ok with a 4 week flush

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-06-17), toblue (08-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Out of 3 blind taste tests NO ONE has ever been able to tell a difference in flushed and unflushed (with a proper cure).
    What a complete load of bolloxs!

This is fine for organic growers but never fail to flush coco/hydro - you'll spot the difference on the first toke! - and it's not a nice difference either
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-06-17), ggotch (09-06-17), joker_the_smoker (08-06-17), kbag (08-06-17), Loki (08-06-17), toblue (08-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

He might have something, if in soil, I just done one in organic soil, but I did feed it during flowering, but the test bud I broke off before flushing, did smoke very smooth, with no burn to the lungs, burnt long white ash also, which I wasn't expecting none of this, but it did, so just makes me wonder, if he might be right.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (08-06-17), M_C (08-06-17), toblue (08-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,672 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    He might have something, if in soil, I just done one in organic soil, but I did feed it during flowering, but the test bud I broke off before flushing, did smoke very smooth, with no burn to the lungs, burnt long white ash also, which I wasn't expecting none of this, but it did, so just makes me wonder, if he might be right.
    I dont flush in soil but im fully organic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donmitch0121 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-06-17), joker_the_smoker (08-06-17), M_C (08-06-17), toblue (08-06-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast