Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: I'm probably just paranoid, but...

Thanks

Guess I found the answer for the flower "problem", but I would trust you guys more:

"Weeks 4 - 6. The plants are now entering a pre flowering stage. During this time the plants should exhibit explosive growth, often as much as a new set of nodes and 1" vertical growth a day. This is the time when they will gain most of their vertical height. Many people make the mistake of switching from vegetative to flowering nutrients at this point, assuming that since they see flowers it must be the proper time. This is incorrect. If the switch to flowering nutes is made at this time the vertical growth will stop and the plant will put it's energy into producing buds. If you need to keep your plants small, or want them to finish earlier, they by all means switch nutes at this point. But if you want to get the most out of your plants continue feeding vegetative nutes until you see the vertical growth slow and stop. Depending on the strain that will usually be sometime during week 5 or 6.-"

Is this correct ?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silverwings92 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-17), Greengrass (16-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

I think your watering everyday is too much
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170615_182605.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	347279 for example these are 4 weeks old and only get watered every 4 days or until pots are really light
    But I'm growing indoors
    With outdoors I've no idea how to keep them cool but get are thermometer so you know for sure but spraying I can't see it keeping them cool for more than 10 mins anyway
    As for flowering mine began to flower at 3 weeks and only just started to slow down stretching
    Are they auto's your growing mate?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-17)

Thanks

Yes they're all auto.
    Mmh so I might be overwatering ? Consider that humidity outdoors is way less, the soil gets dry in a max of 2 days, hence why I opted for the easiest watering schedule ever which is "once a day"; I'll try doing once every two days and see if the soil doesn't get completely dry.
    So it is possible it starts flowering now (about week 3) but the real blooming will be later, so I should keep the using the growing nutrients and not the blooming ones ?
    No idea how to cool'em down either, guess I'll have to keep them only X time per day in direct sunlight when it gets crazy hot even if they got flowers.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silverwings92 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Under watering is better than over watering
    you can wait until you see the leaves dropping before watering or better yet pick your pot up when soaked then again when really light is best way to water
    When I started out I over watered my auto's it ended up 3 inches high but still flowered at the 3-4 week mark it was a pathetic sight
    I only use pm old timers bloom with that no need for grow nutes when flowering
    At the start use a little feed maybe 1 mil a litre slowly building up while looking for toxicity on your leaves

What nutes have you got?
    You have a picture of the flowering plant?
    Last edited by Greengrass; 16-06-17 at 06:30 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-17)

Thanks

When I harvested my last auto plants they were only getting watered every 3 days and they were 4 feet high in 10 litre pots with 20% run off and that was at week 14

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-17)

Thanks

I need a way to get pictures xD My phone won't focus properly and you won't see anything : /
    Anyhow, it started putting out pistils this morning, they were not there yesterday so at least this is a very precise indication, since I look throughout every plant every day; today is the first or at worst second day the plant has a few pistils, can't be wrong about that.

I understand the risks of overwatering are not to understimate: I will switch to at least "every 2 days watering" schedule and see how it goes; still, wouldn't wait for leaves to fall off, that sounds scary to me xD

Anyways, I'm using sensi grow a+b since it was quite young, although always in very small quantities, less than the suggested amount (about 0.5 for 750ml) and the plants seem to be happy with that, no burns, no talons or whatever; any other indisputable signs of toxicity/overnute I should deffo look for ?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silverwings92 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Also did you actually get a tiny small plant (3 inches is less than 10cm) with flowers ? Must have been cute more than pathetic : p

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silverwings92 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As long as your leaves are nice and green not too dark your doing fine you know when its too much feed you'll see burning on your tips of leaves

Yeah 3 inches in flower and it was 3 plants not only 1 ruined
    I used a clay based soil with no perlite and it set like concrete so no air in the soil and no growth and still lived
    Now I buy soil designed for cannabis it takes the pain out of it for a new grower like myself

It was pathetic £15 a seed and a waste of electricity
    This was before I joined thctalk.com
    Now I know better
    Last edited by Greengrass; 16-06-17 at 07:03 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-17)

Thanks

You should have taken pictures: I know it's a waste but It does sound.. cute to an extent.

I'm actually experimenting with the soil: one is 70% soil(average soil) 30% coco (the one that's giving flowers and growing perfect), one is 70% clayish soil (my home soil) and 30% coco, the other two pre-mixed soil (the expensive one, don't remember the name); we'll see how it goes, but for now, grow nutrients in an average soil with some coco are making the plant thrive apparently, had only a few yellow tips but I think it was from sun overexposure and not overfeeding; if you know any precise method of discerning between the two problems I would love hearing about it.

I'm also wondering when I should start with blooming nutes on this specific plant: apparently it has a very long life cycle (site says 75-90 days) and plants do go through a pre-flowering stage, therefore, when should I actually stard with those ?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silverwings92 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I wouldn't give advice on nutes I've never used but the general idea is when you see flowers forming switch to you bloom food but gently as your soil at 3-4 weeks may still have food in it
    If you do start to see burning back off the dosage or you can even go feed water feed style of feeding as the top of your soil will have feed that hasn't been taken up by the roots so its gets gets the nutrients with just watering
    If any of that makes sense

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-17)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast