Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hi all i'm new here and wanted to ask a few questions before buying supplies thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,297 Times

Default Hi all i'm new here and wanted to ask a few questions before buying supplies thanks

Like the title says i just wanted to see if any of you kind people could help me with some details before i buy the supplies thanks

i want to do a cheapish stealth grow to hopefully get 2 plants if possible with my grow as it's just for personal

the size of my box is

height 32 inches
    width 28 inches
    depth 17 inches

the supplies i've been looking at

light
    200w CFL Dual Spectrum Lamp with reflector

carbon filter
    4 inch rhino pro

soil
    Plant Magic Plus Supreme Organic Growth Soil

pots
    14 litre General Purpose Buckets from homebase, or b&q and just drill holes in the bottom

seeds
    Heavyweight Fast & Vast Auto Autoflowering Feminised
    Vision Northern Lights Auto Autoflowering Feminised

nutrients
    Plant Magic Oldtimer Organic Bloom 3-4-5 1 Litre Hydroponics Plant Grow when they start to flower, none for veg stage

i'm struggling with what fans to get for the intake and outake
    and whether the fan and carbon filter would fit inside
    thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Your light is better suited to just a single plant mate (actually, so is your grow space!)

Since you have a 4" Rhino filter, why not grab a 4" RVK too? With regard to intake, set it all up & see how things go.... you may get away with passive intake
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-17), Hippy Crack (23-03-18)

Thanks

thanks for replying m8 is that 1 plant without the filter or fan being inside as well, i thought with them being autos they wouldn't be too big and the 200w bulb would be enough and i was thinking of getting a rhino pro extractor fan for the intake and can't remember is passive intake no fan just holes
    thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

You can have the fan & filter either in the grow room or out... you may find out a little easier.

Your light is the limiting factor plant wise, you could grow two but one would be a much more sensible approach with what you have...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-17), Hippy Crack (23-03-18), wasted1 (12-06-17)

Thanks

i've been looking at the 300w dual spec cfl without reflector now m8 do u reckon that would be enough to do 2 plants also what size would you recommend the passive intake hole/s should be cheers

10. The Following User Says Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Don't bother with CFL mate. I'm assuming you think it's going to be cost effective for electricity? 1 plant in approx 8-10L is the max you can go in a space like that. A 250w mh/hps/dualspec would be perfect. I would recommend grow too not just bloom. All you need is an extraction fan etc and I'm guessing your sorted.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-17), M_C (13-06-17)

Thanks

thanks for replying i'm just wanting to try cfl's as it my first grow and i've read they don't get as hot as mh or hps and the helicopters won't clock it as much as a mh or hps light
    is that right and i'm a bit paranoid for safety with them kights
    cheers

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Quote Originally Posted by skunkblast View Post
    thanks for replying i'm just wanting to try cfl's as it my first grow and i've read they don't get as hot as mh or hps and the helicopters won't clock it as much as a mh or hps light
    cheers
    If they are searching for grows, they use thermal vision if I'm correct. Temps will only be slightly higher with a mh/hps. The extraction fan will suck that heat out anyway.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-17)

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skunkblast View Post
    cheers
    For the size of your grow, the last thing you need to worry about is police helicopters. The heat you give off will be minuscule.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-17), Hippy Crack (23-03-18)

Thanks

thanks for the help people is there no chance i would be able to get smaller pots and still get 2 or 3 decent sized autos if i swapped the 200 cfl for a 300 without reflector

20. The Following User Says Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast