Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Help asap on lighting !!

MrChedHead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bellerophon View Post
    So something like this would be no good to replace the 600w hps. It all boils down to the acutal power consumption of the unit and not the actual wattage of the led unit. Ebay item no. 132189622248
    Nothing will replace hps mate...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-06-17)

Thanks

Good that claifys that then. Those electric guzzling hps better treat my heavyweights right!!! Lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellerophon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bellerophon View Post
    So something like this would be no good to replace the 600w hps. It all boils down to the acutal power consumption of the unit and not the actual wattage of the led unit. Ebay item no. 132189622248
    No there isn't much to those chap LED's, if you are thinking of trying an LED, you will want to go with a more expence one's, that acutally pull some wattage. Not that it would replace a 600W HPS, but one of the 550W Californialightworks would be good, pulling 400W. LED are pretty much for control you heat, but if you want good bud and lots of it, you will have to dish out some bills for a good one. The newer COB'S are looking to be the top of the mark, but very expense. I have a 220W Californialightworks, she pulls 167W from the wall, and does as good as a 300W HPS would do, if there were any such thing as that watts. I have pull as much as 6oz with one plant under her several times.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

M_C (14-06-17)

Thanks

I believe Led Lighting has come a long way in the last 6 months in the United States. California Lighting, Lush, and Kind are three manufacturers building lights that are producing some fantastic results. I am running hps 1000 watt double ended Phantom lights for flower and 1000 watt vented hoods with Metal Halide bulbs for veg right now. I hate the heat problems with the open double ended Phantoms. I love the auto Pilot controller and such but am taking the entire system in and selling it on consignment and buying the new Lush LED lights. Our rooms are small and heat is a big issue.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfisher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-17)

Thanks

My Brother has a big grow , 72 plants. 3 rooms. He has been running HPS in vented hoods. He is looking real hard at the Lush 240 volt dominator xxl.

My little grow was just built to grow 6 plants in Veg and 6 in flower. We were trying to do two plants to one light. Our local grow shop ( the owner just started using the Lush XL 240 volt one light to one plant and got 20 ounces from one plant under one light . The foot print is 5 feet by 5 feet with best intensity at 4 feet by 4 feet. Im going to put 6 of these in my little room on 6 plants. Maybe 8 plants as the room is just under 8 feet by 14 feet. The three Phantom lights blow the room away with so much heat my Lung room temps come up from 65 to 72 and the flower room is over 80. I want to get back into the 75 degree f range. I could handle three vented 1000 watt hoods in that room as the heat from the bulbs is mostly carried away with the Phat fans via the 8 inch ducting. However LED IS at last here in the sense that they are now competing . When I factor in all the heat problems, cooling , blowers , ductworks, air conditioning and the cost of electricity here I am seeing far more savings on power going the LED rOUTE. 6 MONTHS AGO Everyone here was talking about Open double ended light now the talk is turning to LED.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfisher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

Hope you've read the rules mate...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Admiral (20-06-17), GEORGE (25-06-17), ggotch (20-06-17), Kingfisher (20-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,045 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Grow8369 View Post
    Hi there using 2 600w hops for a long time but going to do autoflowers . So autoflowers are going to be 18/6 so the electric bill is going to be sky high . Am looking to use led lights for the first time . I have seen Ones on eBay etc saying 600w led for £40 seems a bit low in price and sketchy ? Says there are 60 10w double chips . Has anybody be used these kind of leds and do they work similar to hps. How far etc away from plant as first time going to use them

Link for the lights am about to buy to give you a better description

Cheers
    Evening grow,

I have been running LED lights and they not that bad. Stay away from the cheap stuff as made from crap parts. Just not what they say on the tin, sort to speak. Prankasa 200 watt ones but they do a few different versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Johhar For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-17)

Thanks

Only growing 6 plants at a time. Rules say 10 right?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingfisher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-17), M_C (20-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    Only growing 6 plants at a time. Rules say 10 right?
    6 is absolutely fine

Yup, there is a 10 plant rule here, that includes mothers, cuttings, vegging plants & flowering plants The rule is to discourage cash croppers who wish to have considerably more plants than 10 on the go We are a personal use only forum, it's a great community with some really knowledgeable people too. But don't let the 10 plant rule make you feel that we just grow small, but some of us do - I aim for about 16 ounces a year but some of our heavier smokers often produce single plants that can weigh in at the kilo mark

18. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-17)

Thanks

Michigan Medical cards allow 12 plants per person. My wife has a medical card. We grow for her medical needs with most of it going into the making of edibles and oil which she puts in things like her tea or coffee. She uses an awful lot for topical creams as well. We have 12 plants at the moment but 5 are not from feminized seeds so as soon as we hit flower the males will be culled out. She got her seeds from England (Athabasca Pennywise, Blueberry cush and Hi Jack. The pennywise are one of the best for her symptoms . I only posted about my brothers grow because of the questions about LED LIGHTS. We now have legal dispensaries here in Michigan and lots of people are getting in cash cropping. We personally dont have the room and are just now learning indoor growing. I cant do what my brother does as his needs are way different. He has helped me a lot though as far as how to clone plants and what to feed. My flower room is only good for 6 to 8 plants( 8 feet by 14 feet) and we can legally only have 12. My goal is to just grow 6 plants but get good yield. I hope Im not too far out of line.
    Last edited by Kingfisher; 20-06-17 at 04:08 AM. Reason: add content

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfisher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-17)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast