Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do chemical nutes kill soil life??

Hobbit Guest

Default Do chemical nutes kill soil life??

Hi all, it is was my understanding that chemical nutes are harmful to soil life. Is this true? If so why would we bother using products like GWS. I cant get my head around the remarkable results Of GWS and the theory that chemical nutes kill soil life. Cheers

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (13-06-17), GEORGE (09-08-17), ggotch (09-08-17), M_C (13-06-17), redisiel (13-06-17), toblue (15-06-17), Trex (23-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Many many times I've told people even using to high of a phosphorus number will make microbial activity lower even redundant more so the myco.Think about this in your res's people. (All mediums)
    Blessings
    Redz
    Last edited by redisiel; 13-06-17 at 11:48 PM.
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (13-06-17), GEORGE (09-08-17), M_C (13-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

You can manipulate the organic side of things by using compost which contains natural food and is bio active for a few weeks but soon as you start to add synthetic/chem nutes then your micro herd is on death row. If you want to go full on organic then use organic specific feeds and additives...

Regards BL

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (14-06-17), GEORGE (09-08-17), ggotch (09-08-17), jake420 (15-06-17), M_C (14-06-17), redisiel (14-06-17), rockhopper (15-06-17), Smokedragon (14-06-17)

Hobbit Guest

Thanks guys I was hoping you 2 would drop in. Bud I know your a fan of GWS and have run experiments on it as well. Am i right in thinking that once you start feeding your killing that herd?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-17), M_C (14-06-17), redisiel (14-06-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    ...soon as you start to add synthetic/chem nutes then your micro herd is on death row.
    Even when feeding at reduced strengths? I'm in a soil based medium and I'm using some synthetics to boost a bit and manage any deficiencies that might come up.
    I smoke leaves when I have no bud.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smokedragon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-17), redisiel (14-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

rock dust will replace lost minerals from your outdoor garden, will restore a lifeless garden over time

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smokedragon View Post
    Even when feeding at reduced strengths? I'm in a soil based medium and I'm using some synthetics to boost a bit and manage any deficiencies that might come up.
    This is one of the reasons im asking as well. Ive spent alot of time feeding the soil life in my pots even b4 planting, but my feed is not totally orgnic. I may have wasted my time. Also in coco Ive used the GWS but now im feeding totall synthetic nutes doesnt make sense to spend good money on GWS if im gunna kill it.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-17), M_C (14-06-17), redisiel (14-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Smokedragon View Post
    High phosphorus will make them either do there job less because they rely on root exudates for food and if your feeding the plants then they stop exudating from the root and the myco become less active or redundant

Quote Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
    rock dust will replace lost minerals from your outdoor garden, will restore a lifeless garden over time
    Very true

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    You can manipulate the organic side of things by using compost which contains natural food and is bio active for a few weeks but soon as you start to add synthetic/chem nutes then your micro herd is on death row. If you want to go full on organic then use organic specific feeds

Regards BL
    Very true Bud,
    All you'll ever need Is QAULITY compost and or earth worm castings
    Blessings
    Redz

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    This is one of the reasons im asking as well. Ive spent alot of time feeding the soil life in my pots even b4 planting, but my feed is not totally orgnic. I may have wasted my time. Also in coco Ive used the GWS but now im feeding totall synthetic nutes doesnt make sense to spend good money on GWS if im gunna kill it.
    If you keep the environment right I don't think you'll notice the gws missing, and still why lay out that money when you can culture your own BIM'S ( beneficial indigenous microorganisms) for pennies.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-17), M_C (14-06-17)

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    High phosphorus will make them either do there job less because they rely on root exudates for food and if your feeding the plants then they stop exudating from the root and the myco become less active or redundant

Very true

Very true Bud,
    All you'll ever need Is QAULITY compost and or earth worm castings
    Blessings
    Redz

If you keep the environment right I don't think you'll notice the gws missing, and still why lay out that money when you can culture your own BIM'S ( beneficial indigenous microorganisms) for pennies.
    I hear you mate. Thats kinda my point why add GWS if your gunna kill it any way??

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-17), redisiel (14-06-17), Trex (23-06-17)

Hobbit Guest

If you keep the environment right I don't think you'll notice the gws missing, and still why lay out that money when you can culture your own BIM'S ( beneficial indigenous microorganisms) for pennies.[/QUOTE]

Im having a hard time finding out what organics are containing what bennies. Obviously worm castings have alot but I cant find any info on which ones exactly
    On the subject of BIM , i have to wonder if growing non indigenous plants in BIM is maximising its potential. While im sure it has a lot of benefits , BIM would be better for native species but my mind still wanders when im thinking introduced species. By the way Australian soils are extremely old and contain very little P. Its one of the reasons we have so many environmental probs here due to the amount of superphosphates farmers have been using to compensate.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast