Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Do chemical nutes kill soil life??

Hobbit Guest

Yeah i think your right mate. Another thing thats gotta make you wonder is Ive never heard of an organic gardener who objects to using epsom salts, that shite has a high ec even in recomended doses.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-17), kyg (08-08-17), redisiel (08-08-17)

Hobbit Guest

So it just occured to me if you can get pythium using synthetics you must be able to have bennies as well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-17), redisiel (08-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

They can work together mate, my understanding is that basically if you do all the work for the plant in synthetics it gets lazy and stops sending root exudates(signals to microbes) and the microbes become redundant as the plant needs not rely on them(spoon fed).
    Same thing for the 10-10-10 which I believe is mainly phosphorus over 10.
    The build up of salts and leaching is our problem mate.
    My main issue with it is the price we get charged for stuff we can make ourselves for pennies and I like the idea of no bottles or grow shops lol.
    I would not put Epsom salts near my soil, there is even contradictions over the use of bicarbonate of soda in America it's mad lol
    Blessings
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-17)

Hobbit Guest

Cheers REDZ Im inclined to agree except with the epsom salts thing mate Ive been using it for years made up in a watering can and poured over plants and soil to great effect.
    In regards to the build up of salts that would only come about by over use mate and leaching well even organic nutrients in the cycle will leach. Also bi carbonate makes an excellent anti fungal treatment mate been using it for years as well but usually as a spray.
    Last edited by Hobbit; 09-08-17 at 02:36 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (09-08-17), GEORGE (09-08-17)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4