Thread: complete nood on nutrients, HELP

Thanks

Default complete nood on nutrients, HELP

hey im doing a dwc grow, 2 600w lights, 3 plants pineapple chunk, bad azz kush and ayahuasca purple

Iv been looking at advanced nutes, sensi grow & bloom.

I have done a bit of research and i still have no idea on feeding scheduled and what does what. Can anyone take the time to explain this for me?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Polson1337 For This Useful Post:

Smokedragon (14-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,886 Times

Do you mean EC or 'schedules'? - I'm coco, but the same principles apply

You can't just apply a hard schedule on growing as things happen in the plants time, not the plant manuals time!

With EC you can change as & when you want/need to
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Smokedragon (14-06-17)

Thanks

How does ec work with nutrients? and i meant feeding schedule, when to feed it and how much etc. Iv heard to only feed it 1/2 strength or even 1/4 strength and build it up over time. Do i do this with bloom as well?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Polson1337 For This Useful Post:

Smokedragon (14-06-17)

Hobbit Guest

Get a diary up mate peeps help you out then. Test ec of your tap water and then decide where to start your ec. Read read read brother start with others diaries and stickies.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Smokedragon (14-06-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Polson1337 View Post
    Can anyone take the time to explain this for me?
    To understand nutrients you have to do some reading. Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and Potassium are the famous NPK numbers included on the front of most bottles. I've learned a quick mnemonic enhancer is "Up, Down, All Around". Meaning, Nitrogen for leaves, Phosphorous for overall vigor, and Potassium for roots.

Consider getting a starter kit from the manufacturer of your choice. I got a starter kit from General Hydroponics. You might look into Organic nutrients vs. Synthetic if that sort of thing is important to you. You can do worse than getting a good soil and growing without additives. I prefer to have something on hand to intervene if my plant is behaving like its sick from stress or a deficiency of the soil. If you grow in soil, you will need less nutes and should feed 1/2 strength or less. Coco or soil-less mediums need more consistent feeding as they contain no real nutrients to speak of, so you need to add them yourself.

Why do people use synthetic nutes? Well soil-less, hydro, DWC and other more advanced growing methods can be faster, enabling the plant to reach its fullest potential faster than if it was planted in soil on a hillside somewhere. If you are just starting out, get some soil. Make sure its not a "hot" soil with a lot of slow release chemicals.

Plants like "N" early in vegetative growth and then need more "P" and "K" to make flowers and finish with nice big buds.

https://nevegetable.org/cultural-pra...lant-nutrients
    https://extension.arizona.edu/sites/...ubs/az1106.pdf
    I smoke leaves when I have no bud.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smokedragon For This Useful Post:

Peanut butter (24-01-18)