Thread: Keeping my clones happy till they hit the clay

Thanks

Default Keeping my clones happy till they hit the clay

Hi all

Once again I turn to this wonderful forum which is a wealth of knowledge and have a question. So I'm running a clone box mother room and flower tent. All is good and I've got 4 in veg but I've taken some clones with the idea of growing them up and as soon as I finish flower in the tent then bang in with the new clones.

My issues is the clones are sprouting roots and I've them in 3inch rockwool cubes in a tray of perlite which I'm keeping wet. The thing is I've got 6weeks to go and I want to keep them alive, my worry is the roots will grow into each other and I will have trouble when transferring to the clays.

Can anyone give us some advice on how to keep them going for another 6 weeks so they don't die or get knotted up causing issues for transfer.

Thanks again and happy growing

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (14-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Pot them up into separate pots.

You can use soil or coco,it wont matter that you intend to transfer to clay,its the way I do it,works fine.

Another way I go but is more a risk to your plants is grow them in just the block.
    I use a wire cooling rack over a prop tray,this way the roots never grow out the block as they become "airpruned"
    Pitfalls are the block can dry out and catch you off guard leading to wilting situations and they can topple over quite easy.

Edit...You could leave them in the perlite too.
    Just carefully tear away each block taking a clump of perlite with it when you are ready to move them,giving each plant the same amount of rootage.
    They will survive this just fine
    Last edited by Bethmeg; 14-06-17 at 10:38 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Loki (14-06-17), M_C (14-06-17)

Thanks

Bethmeg

Thank you for you reply I like all the idea I will use one I think I will go with a larger tray and fill it will perlite should give them enough space to live. Then like you say just take the perlite up when I add it the the wilma a small dust off and the should be fine in a few days.

Thanks or the help never like to lose plants if I can help it

Happy growing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (14-06-17)