Thread: help needed in anticipation of drying

Thanks

Default help needed in anticipation of drying

hi guys, i'm a complete newbie ( although i can grow pretty good tomatoes ) - i've posted the on the newbie forum regarding dodgy seeds from ebay - thanks to the advice of you members, seems i have been lucky and landed myself 3 healthy autoflowers that are early stage of flowering - lots of side shoots with numerous white hairs - They are growing in my greenhouse, which is pretty much out of sight of neighbours, with the help of bubble wrap to visible parts of the greenhouse.

so now i fnd myself trying to quickly think of ideas for drying and reducing odours ............. I think my loft wil be the best bet. I know i will need to invest in a carbon filter, but have spent the last 2 hours googling and still non the wiser..........

Can any of you kindly souls, tell me in laymans terms just what gear i will need to get. All i have at the moment is 3 plants and a loft, i'm guessing i need the filter, duct pipes and some kind of access outside - chimney (drill a small hole ??) also do i need a enclosed carboard box to do the drying in, - a small pc fan to circulate ?

really need some advice or links to good sites please - many thanks in anticipation,

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,586 Times

If you're looking to just dry 3 plants, lets say there's a max of 10 oz.

Buy a 1.2mx60cm tent. Install a 4 inch fan and filter. A small desk fan for air circulation and use passive intakes.

Since it's going to be a 1 week job drying you don't need a long term exhaust into a chimney, if the loft is big enough and has some air coming into it from outside or downstairs there's enough in there for it not to go stale. Blow the air as further away from the tent as possible and leave a couple of ducts open on the tent and naturally it will suck in passive air due to the exhaust blowing out.

Maybe a small heater with a thermostat to keep temps between 17-20c.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOKER_REX For This Useful Post:

THC2017 (05-07-17), Yardie-bre (03-07-17)

Thanks

thanks man, i'm a lot clearer now on what i will need. looks like i can get a tent and an exhaust kit for a total of about £80 so thats ideal. Its not a huge loft space, i suppose average for a 3 bedroom house, i can stand up in the centre, so thats where the tent will be placed. there doesn't seem to be any air coming in from the outside, but i guess i can keep the loft hatch open a little (depending on smells). smell inside my own house is not quite such an issue, as opposed to smells permeating into neighbours loft area.

i understand leaving a couple ducts open on the tent to allow passive air ingress, but won't the small desk fan blow odours out these ducts before they have chance to go through the filter ?

thanks again,

Thanks

no it wont mate as your fan and filter will create a negative pressure in the tent so it will only pull air through the passive intakes