Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bubble bag questions

The Aspie Toker Guest

Default Bubble bag questions

Hi all,

I will, in the future, be purchasing some bubble bags. I will be going for the 5 gallon (22.7 litres) but not sure which brand to go for. No doubt some are better than others.

Is this one any good?... 332153262569

I see none of the sellers seem to sell the buckets. I've been looking on e.bay for buckets and there's a 20 litre one (no number as it's sold out at present) or a 25 litre one (again, no number for the same reason)

Can anyone please recommend one that will do the job nicely, and will I need more than one bucket?

Thank you,
    TAT

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

ggotch (18-06-17), M_C (18-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

One bucket is all you need Aspie.

When you gt the bags, work out the circumference of the bucket that you'll need. It's easier than trying to guess & having to buy a 2nd one...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ggotch (18-06-17), Trex (19-06-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    One bucket is all you need Aspie.

When you gt the bags, work out the circumference of the bucket that you'll need. It's easier than trying to guess & having to buy a 2nd one...
    Thanks, mate.

I was wondering, are bubble bags an American invention? If so, the bubble bags may be 5 US gallons, rather than 5 Imperial gallons (A 3.8033 litre difference)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

M_C (18-06-17)

Thanks

I couldn't tell you the answer to either question Aspie

I would look to see what my bags sizes are but my Ebay history doesn't go back far enough

But I can tell you that the bucket I use for them is 28cm in diameter & 20cm high if that helps any?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

I couldn't tell you the answer to either question Aspie

I would look to see what my bags sizes are but my Ebay history doesn't go back far enough

But I can tell you that the bucket I use for them is 28cm in diameter & 20cm high if that helps any?
    No worries. It's probably me over thinking things.

The pages I entered on at e.bay said they were currently sold out, even though another part said there are still some available. I then noticed I didn't click on "View Details" It turned out that the seller is away at the moment. No problem as I don't have the money yet.

132101355302 The bucket is 426 mm in height x 340 mm in diameter
    132044895058 The bucket is 359 mm in height x 326 mm in diameter

I know one is for 2 buckets. (I thought I may need two if I redo it, as the water mix will be already in one bucket, ready to pour into the other one for a second run.)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

M_C (18-06-17)

Thanks

Just looked, mine are the 5 gallon bags (looks to probably be an American gallon) I have the 4 bag set - 220, 160, 73, 25 micron

I've only used them once as, to be honest, I found the whole process to be a bit long winded & messy compared to oil. I liked the results though, but it seemed to take ages for the hash to fully dry, so no cheeky samples on the way

12. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ggotch (18-06-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post

132101355302 The bucket is 426 mm in height x 340 mm in diameter
    132044895058 The bucket is 359 mm in height x 326 mm in diameter
    My bags would fit on neither of those

When I got the bucket I use, I went to my local hydro store with my measurements & went through their whole range with my tape measure The one I have is about 13L when filled if that helps? (I say about as I know I have measured it by filling with a measuring jug & know it was at least 12L but less than 15 LOL) Mine also has a clip-down lid & I use it now for water storage for my coco

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Trex (19-06-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

My bags would fit on neither of those

When I got the bucket I use, I went to my local hydro store with my measurements & went through their whole range with my tape measure The one I have is about 13L when filled if that helps? (I say about as I know I have measured it by filling with a measuring jug & know it was at least 12L but less than 15 LOL) Mine also has a clip-down lid & I use it now for water storage for my coco
    Thank you for the tips. If you're using a 12 litre bucket, then surely you can't be using the 5 gallon bubble bags. I thought they only did them in 1 gallon and 5 gallon sizes.

Thanks

IIRC, the bags easily hit the bottom, but as it was more a 'proof of concept' run, it didn't really matter too much as the bigger issue had been finding something with a small enough diameter

They say 5 gallon on the bags, but I couldn't vouch for the accuracy of the labels....
    Last edited by M_C; 18-06-17 at 02:44 AM. Reason: grammer & punctuation!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

I bought the vivosun brand 8 bags in all ,makes 8 grades , goes well ,just did a good run of trim and bud and got almost 7g of beautfiul hash .

You can pass that trim 10 x and good stuff still comes.out ,amazing... Aspie , just dont pulverize the stuff with a mixer otherwse , chlorophyl leaches and makes it tsste like green matter , with a spoon by hand with ice n cold water for 13-15 minutes . Let sit another 15 in bags ,reshakes and stir and pull bags apart drain them slowly and you good man .

Sent from the Land of Fuck OFF !!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast