Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Bubble bag questions

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by farmshop View Post
    I've used the bubble bags a few times.. Not that i'm an expert. But had some really good results off kg or 2 of trim. Some people like to freeze there trim, I tried both freezing and drying and the dried trim worked out alot better. Better end product. It was a three bag set off ebay. Yellow blue and purple bags. 5kg of ice, 20l of cold water which I had put in the freezer for a few hours before starting.
    This is the little setup I use....
    A big ol bucket I got from a friends work and the black 12l bucket from home bargins. Chopped the base off it and slide the bags over it. Jobs a good en. I only run a few oz at a time otherwise it's too hard to work with all the ice. Cordless makita drill with a plaster paddle mixer. Put the mixer in the bag first then add your stuff. Try layering the ice and trim otherwise it's a pain to get to the bottom. Fill it up with water. Then let it have it for 15/20 mins. Let it rest for 10. Time to smoke a j.
    Lift out the first bag, get a large spoon, scrape it out of the bottom , put it on a tray of some sort. Repeat with other bags. If there is still water in the bags tap the bag from underneath with the spoon and it starts flowing. It will get less and less grittier as you get to the last bag. Them sets normally come with a square of really fine mesh, press each bags product separate. Loads of pressure to get any water left out of it. I'd normally run that lot once more then on to some fresh stuff.
    I used my fishing kettle to dry it off. Boiled some water init then just reset the pancake of hash on the lid.

Don't throw the bucket with all the run off in it either. Let it settle and syphon the water off and use all the stuff in the bottom. Bits that have fallen through fine mesh.

That's just my 2p if you will. Hope you have fun aspie.
    Thank you for the tips, mate, and for taking time to photograph the buckets. Much appreciated.

I won't have anywhere near the amount of trim as you, thankfully (in a way) as I'll have problems trying to store cold water. The ice will have to come direct from the shop and straight into the buckets.

I suppose I could wait till the depths of winter, and leave the bottles outside. It will take me that long to get enough trim.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

M_C (21-06-17)

farmshop Guest

The last run I used 4 plants worth of trim and popcorn. And still ended up with a fair bit of quality hash. If you could get to a local shop which has the water in 5l bottles in the fridge that would help. The colder the better though. I'd accumulated that much trim from a few friends and my own stuff over a year or so. You wouldn't need that much to get you a smoke mind. And fuck it's strong. I've got a freezer in the garage which I keep all my fishing bait in. Once these are down next week I'll be running again so ill do a little blog type thingy. ✌

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to farmshop For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by farmshop View Post
    The last run I used 4 plants worth of trim and popcorn. And still ended up with a fair bit of quality hash. If you could get to a local shop which has the water in 5l bottles in the fridge that would help. The colder the better though. I'd accumulated that much trim from a few friends and my own stuff over a year or so. You wouldn't need that much to get you a smoke mind. And fuck it's strong. I've got a freezer in the garage which I keep all my fishing bait in. Once these are down next week I'll be running again so ill do a little blog type thingy. ✌

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I only grow a couple of plants at a time, and mostly indica, so they're shorter. I also throw away any brown leaves, so I have fewer play with.

I'll appreciate the blog type report, as will many others here.
    Thank you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5