Thread: Upgrade my light or fan?!?

Thanks

Default Upgrade my light or fan?!?

Hey guys! Sorry havmt been active much the past month... Iv lent my laptop to my sister to do her homework haha!!

I have a few quick questions that need urgent answers... I have tried to research it but still very much undesided on the best solutions?!

The problem.... my groom room is hitting 33c! Now I k ow it's been 29c outside so I'm not going to get much lower than that I know but my setup is a filter>cooltube>fan>out

600w hps
    6'' cooltube
    6'' ruck 150 700m3/h

My question is this... do u upgrade my light to a mars hydro 96 for £130 and leave my fan on the filter... or upgrade my existing fan to a acoustic 150 1500m3/h and have the box fan running the light and my original fan running my filter?

I have few hesitations about ordering either unless somebody can give me some advise! Seemed to do my research on the mars light but what I gather it only replaces a 250w?!?

Any suggestions would be great. Cheers

Bulls Guest

No matter what fan are you running if ambient temps are like that mate it won't get any cooler in your tent... unless you pull air from somewhere much cooler! So bigger fan won't be a solution.. maybe try and dim your ballast to lower setting for few days until temps drop down a bit.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (19-06-17), TwinkleNugs (19-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Pretty much what he said. Maybe you should try Filter>Fan>Cooltube>Out. I prefer blowing cold air than sucking it from the tube. And yeah, unless you can bring down room temps, it wont make much difference which is the issue with many atm unless you fork out for an air con unit and the electricity price. Switch to 400 if you can, 600 was too hot for me too.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

TwinkleNugs (19-06-17)

Thanks

ok guys, yeah thats why i was thinking only option would be for a/c but not for £200+ hmm i dont have a dimmable ballast but i may get one of them inbstead?... can i run my ballast at 400 with a 600 bulb in there? thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

They run better with a 400W lamp, but if all you have is a 600, then use it.
    what about introducing an intake fan? Will have to be smaller than the out take obviously, to keep the negative presure, but might help

Thanks

hmm ok think im just gonna order a 400 setup then, and then on normal temp days my fan should cope with both!! extra light ohhh yeaaah haha

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TwinkleNugs For This Useful Post:

Admiral (19-06-17)