Thread: Use of silicon and cal mag

Thanks

Default Use of silicon and cal mag

Hi all

I have a small question, I've just flipped and will carry on the veg feed for two weeks before going to bloom I heard this is correct and do tell me if I'm wrong as I'm still learning, I'm growing in a wilma clay and have been adding a little silicon and cal mag each res change in hope of heathy plants and roots.

My question is how long do I keep in going for during flower I don't want to make a mistake at this stage. I'm using the normal and a b nutes and keeping ec and ph under control with some drift inbetween res swap and its working well I just don't know when to cut it out.

Thank you for any help out there this site has been amazing I owe most of what I'm achieving to this site

Happy growing

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

I personally use it through the entire grow.

I do cut out silicon the week before I start flush though.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...aze-Coco-Scrog

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

JB (16-09-17)

Guest Guest

I do the same as above for silicone, use it throughout until the last couple of weeks of flower.
    As far as cal mag goes, you don't wanna add that to your reservoir. It's best applied as a foliar feed (spray the leaves) it only needs to be done a couple of times. Once in veg and once early in flower. Putting it in the reservoir will effect EC numbers heavily.
    Il try and find a thread that explains it better and post a link for you.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (21-06-17), WWBB (22-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cantona View Post
    I do the same as above for silicone, use it throughout until the last couple of weeks of flower.
    As far as cal mag goes, you don't wanna add that to your reservoir. It's best applied as a foliar feed (spray the leaves) it only needs to be done a couple of times. Once in veg and once early in flower. Putting it in the reservoir will effect EC numbers heavily.
    What he said ^^^^^

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

WWBB (22-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cantona View Post
    I'd be interested in that reading that also, since joining I keep hearing about foliage feeding cal mag and I'm thinking about giving it a whirl.

I should probably point out I use RO water so have no natural source.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...aze-Coco-Scrog

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

Karsa (16-09-17)

Thanks

Thanks good people

Once again a learning curve all taken on board I will switch the cal mag to spray form once in veg once in flower and keep the siliicon going till flush.

I love this site

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

I didnt realise calmag is better as a spray so thank you for the tip