Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seriously green grower, one plant needs TLC, I need advice!

Thanks

Default Seriously green grower, one plant needs TLC, I need advice!

Hello, I signed up for Grasscity forums to get help with some seeds I came accross and didn't get as many replies as I'd hoped for. I've heard good things about THC talk and hope that you guys can be of some help! I'm going to repost most of what I added on the previous forum so, bear with me here. It's a lot of info.

Okay so, I found three seeds in my bag of weed. This usually doesn't happen so, I decided why not give it a shot. The first seed made it through the grinder and into the bowl, got a tad singed. The second was found pre-ritual, thankfully. Both went into germination and one sprouted a tap root right away, the singed seed was trying, but needed help cracking out to which I obliged. The poor little burnt fellow unfortunately never sprouted. The third seed was 3 days behind the rest. My eldest plant sprouted above the soil on June 15th and the youngest on June 18th.
    They have been put in the pot with a (pre-packaged Vigoro 3 in 1) mixture of black humus, sphagnum and compost, I added a layer of rocks to the bottom and there are large holes in the bottom of the pot as well. I did a home test on the aoil (baking soda) and deem it to be slightly acidic, but quite close to the neutrel mark. I mist them as to not overwater, due to the absorbent nature of the moss. Is this growing medium suitable for now?
    I plan to either find something reasonably priced at Happy Hydroponics, hopefully something with coco coir that I hear is good or pick up some black earth instead. I will make sure to add perlite when I move them.
    The plants began in the window, but we're quickly moved underneath their own individual 26W CFL. They are positioned 3.5" above the plants. I try to keep the light on them for at least 16 hours a day, sometimes it is a little less, working on it.
    Additionally, I plan not to add any nutrients until I see a third set of leaves or it has been a couple of weeks. After some research on what is available as far as fertilization in my area of Ontario, I have come up with a plan for adding nutrients and would love some critique.

I am/will be using distilled water that has been ozonated, mainly due to the lead content in my tap water. I mist the plant only around the centre of the pot due to the large size of the pots, and only when the soil looks and feels dry on the top. I am worried about my watering skills.
    I plan to add Happy Hydroponics Total Nutrition Plant Food, working up from half of the recommended dose during the vegetative stage of life. Here are the stats.

DIRECTIONS: USE 5ML (1 TSP.) TO 1 LITRE OF WATER

Guaranteed Analysis

3-1-3

Nitrogen as N 3%
    Potassium s K20 3%
    Magnesium 0.4%
    Zinc 0.008%
    Boron 0.003%
    Molybdenum 0.0014%
    Phosphorus as P2O5 1%
    Calcium 1%
    Iron 0.015%
    Manganese 0.0074%
    Copper 0.0014%

I also came into some Organic Kelp Extract powder made by a brand called Cottage something? I don't have the package, but I believe it listed as, 0.5-3-20. Definitely said 20℅ potash on it. Believe the directions were 1/4tsp into 3L of water every 10-15 days. I'm wondering at what stage and at what strength to introduce this? Can it be combined with the veg fert that I listed above? Additionally, does anyone know the product of which I speak, that can confirm the info above that I listed from memory?

Once the plant is entering the flowering stage, I plan to switch to the Bloom fertilizer made by the same people as the veg fert. Could not find the logistics online.

About two weeks before harvest, I plan to stop giving nutrients and use only distilled water.

Sound okay so far?

Now for the problem-

I think there is something wrong with my youngest little guy or gal. Just sprouted the first set of leaves (not true leaves) two days ago. They were immediately curled and have not uncurled at all, only grown larger. Hoping someone can tell me if there is something wrong?
    Of the two plants, both are the same distance from the same bulb, in the same size pot with the same soil, misted with the same amount of squirts of water. The only difference is that one is 3 days older.
    I might also add about the plant in question, when the taproot sprung from the seed, it was curled. I had to put it in the soil so that the root end was pointed kind of sideways in order to ensure that the seed was pointed up to sprout above the surface.

Also wondering why my youngest plant is taller than it's older sibling. I know that they stretch to the light, but they have been under the same light at the same distance like I said so, I find it strange.

Last but not least, I very occasionally see a little white bug with large antennae in the soil when I mist it. When I see them, I squish, but should I be worried?! The soil was outside for a couple weeks before I discovered I had pot seeds.

I am uploading the pictures I have taken thus far in chronological order. Apologies for the quality, my "13mp" camera does not like to focus under the lights.

Thanks in advance for reading my little/big story and any feedback. Really hope I am not shitting the bed.

Edit-
    Will have to add the photos in an additional reply, from my computer. I cannot get it to work from my phone. Sorry.

-Cheyenne

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fukkthemainstream For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-17), redisiel (24-06-17)

Thanks

Half of the pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170621_151700 (1).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	347483   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170621_151748 (1).jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	347484   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170621_151737 (1).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	347485   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170620_193306 (1).jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	347486   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170620_193317 (1).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	347487  

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fukkthemainstream For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-17), JB (24-06-17), redisiel (24-06-17)

Thanks

The second half of the pictures!

Name:	IMG_20170620_193348 (1).jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	347488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170620_193424 (1).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	347489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170620_193515 (1).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	347490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170620_193527 (1).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	347491  

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fukkthemainstream For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-17), JB (24-06-17), redisiel (24-06-17)

Thanks

What it looks like today.

Name:	IMG_20170621_155213 (1).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	347492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170621_155208 (1).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	347493  

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fukkthemainstream For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-17), redisiel (24-06-17)

Hobbit Guest

Welcome and good luk mate.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Fukkthemainstream (23-06-17), GEORGE (21-06-17), redisiel (24-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

They look fine to me, just give them time, and they will grow up. What size light or you going to put them under, or you just going with the one that is on them now?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Admiral (22-06-17), Fukkthemainstream (23-06-17), redisiel (24-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,772 Times

Hi mate, welcome along

...trust me, you are seriously over thinking things
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (29-06-17), Fukkthemainstream (23-06-17), GEORGE (22-06-17), redisiel (24-06-17)

Thanks

Thanks guys, I probably am majorly overthinking. Lol I'm worried about a little yellow startingon the tip of one of the leaves of my plant now. One thing after another. :P
    I do plan on leaving them under the same lights and continue bringing them outside periodically during the day time. If they do better than I hope and I really think sticking some better lights on for flowering will pay off, I will definitely look into it. About to transfer them into a soik mixture with soil, peat moss and perlite, and mix in a little of the black humus, sphagnum, compost mix that I am using now. I think my soil has poor drainage and was already advised to mix in some perlite to help. It seems to get compacted.
    I would thank all of your posts, but I do not know how.

Thanks,
    Cheyennd

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fukkthemainstream For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-06-17), M_C (22-06-17), redisiel (24-06-17)

Thanks

Hello, I am sure that I have already annoyed the lot of yas, but I am concerned! Pictures of my eldest plant. Looks unhealthy to me. Started turning yellow a couple days ago and now the tip looks basically white. The yellow is starting on another leaf and I swear I see a little on the first true set that are just coming in.
    I might also add that I did transplant them into some soil with better drainage and aeration yesterday, but the yellowing started a couple days BEFORE that so, it could not be caused by the transplant though I'm sure it did not help.
    I also am starting to get the inkling that my eldest is female, though I have absolutely no fucking idea. Hoping if someone else happens to notice the sex that they can let me know. Don't know if I have males or females or both so, must seperate as soon as I find out just in case.

Once again, apologies for the terrible lighting and shotty quality. I also have to reduce my photos down to 15% of the size in order to upload them so, I hope you can see what's going on.

Thanks,
    Cheyenne

Name:	Left-leaf-first-to-yellow (1).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	347608   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-leaf-that-yellowed-first (1).jpg 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	347609   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Second-leaf-lighting-bad (1).jpg 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	347610   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd-Leaf-Starting-to-yellow (1).jpg 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	347611   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170623_145830 (1).jpg 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	347612  

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fukkthemainstream For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-17), redisiel (24-06-17)

Thanks

Seedlings look ok to me, you won't be able to tell sex till they start to flower. It really sounds like you're making things a little more over complex than they perhaps need to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swansneck For This Useful Post:

Fukkthemainstream (25-06-17), GEORGE (27-06-17), redisiel (24-06-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast