Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk about bad luck!!

Thanks

Default Talk about bad luck!!

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum, came across it as I am planning my defence in court or rather mitigation after pleading guilty - I am mainly interested in the statutory law side of things, I have heard that if you do not consent to any statutory law by giving your name and address they cannot persue the matter. sounds good but a little late for me - sods law!

Any way this is what happened

I was growing 5 plants in my garden - has uk cheese, trainwreck super skunk and purple lady and jock horror

I liked the look of tw, cheese and purple so I started cloning them - had about 15 in a tent in my spare room.

stupidly stoned one night I started germinating a few seeds (loads actually) these were subcool jock horror and cheese bx I put them in those root riot and propogator to see what happens.

I had just bought a homebox tent (excellent tents by the way much better than budbox) and just puts the clones in them.

I m pretty discreet and not many people knew I grow. This is because I have a real bad back and sciatica. smoking definaTELY helps with the pain.

what happened was a mate of mine had locked my window in the spare room and I could nt extract the hot air so it was just in the room flowing about. I was pissed off and frustrated that I could nt open the window but continued with the grow and decided to sort the problem out the next day BIG MISTAKE!!!!!

so I went to bed about midnight with the grow on in the spare room. I was stoned and not thinking straight.

fast forward a few hours I am woken up by my cat meowing or more like screaming. I am quite a heavy sleeper but this woke me up he managed to push my door open, not sure how he is a clever cat!

I get up look at my watch and say "Ralphy its fucking 5am I have work in a few hours I'm going back to bed". I closed my door with the cat on the other side. He kept meowing and pushed the door open again. As I got back into bed I sensed something was very wrong. I got up and saw smoke and flames. By the way there was No smoke alarm in my flat .

I went into the grow room and saw flames All the power in the flat had cut out and some curtains were on fire. FUCK! I tried to tackle it as best I could but it was not happening.

I went outside were there were a few people(neighbours i think) saying "Get out the flat its on fire we have called the fire service!!

I said thanks and went out (wearing only my boxer shorts) but then heard my cat inside meowing.

They said dont go back in the smoke will kill you. I thought about it for 2 secs and ran inside and opened the back door so Ralph could escape, there was no other way out forhim.

So I am outside the fire service come I had burned my hands and feet the carpet melted into my feet and all the skin had come off it was a bloody mess and knew what was coming next. Old bill.

So I was taken to hospital put in the high dependancy ward, a police man then appeared at my bedside and just sat there looking tired (it was 6am and he had just started his shift.

They put me on a drip, nebuliser, heart EMG and chest x ray followed. Took a while tho!!

So here I am one month later to the day.

I have lost my flat, all of my personal possessions were destroyed in the fire. Obviously the insurance will not pay out for this. Bit I am alive - if it wasnt for my cat I would be dead no question.

I could nt go work till the monday because the fire happened on a thursday morning spent 12 hours in hospital under police guard, discharged myself to find my cat who I love so much. I had to go police station on the friday to answer to street bail. So iwent to work and told them what happened I could call till the friday because of section 18 no phone calls. I didnt say what caused the fire. I was then sacked on the tuesday so I have no job

I have been charged with cultivation - first they said it was 20 plants, then 27 when in interview and then when I went to mag court they said 32. cos of all the seeds i had germinating. could have been a few more than that tho.

had to go guilty and going back for sentencing on the 11th November.

thats all just wanted to let you lot know that grows can be very dangerous and hopefully learn from my mistakes

Some good news though I learned on the tuesday that My ex girlfriend who has just given birth to a baby boy 3 months old is mine and not the bloke she left me for. A reason to live. I have stopped smoking weed cos it has fucked up my life no end.

what do you lot think will happen at Court? I am in the Uk. I do have previous for cannabis related offences the last one was Possession with intent convicted and sentenced to 200 hours community service in 2003.

FZjb Guest

Aww mate, i`m seriously gutted for ya. that really is bad luck

If i was you i would be thinking the worst and expecting prison. you just know the prosecuter is gonna make it sound really really bad coz u burn't the flat down, endangering life etc. with your previous, tbh i dont rate your chances. 3-6 months max. maybe.

but that MAY get suspended. they may even throw some more CS at you. if u get a good brief who knows.

expect the worst, anything better is a bonus.

how come the fire started btw? what failed? did u ever find out, or was it the heat of the light against the curtains?

samhain Guest

Gutted for you mate , thing's can only get better . That was an awful turn of event's . Good you'r ok and did you find the cat .
    Have you a case for unfair dismisal from work .
    I'm not intimate with UK law , but understand it's not just plant numbers but age size , there's not a lot of street value in a seedling , which is the majority of your problem .
    Listen , we pop load's of seed's as some die / some male etc , you had no intention of flowering that amount . Put em straight on that . For all they know it could be hemp
    An there wasnt any dealing pharaphenalia , so it was personal to help with your condition .
    My thought and best wisher are with you .
    And everybody get a smoke alarm and powder fire extingisher .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FaZedjb View Post
    Aww mate, i`m seriously gutted for ya. that really is bad luck

If i was you i would be thinking the worst and expecting prison. you just know the prosecuter is gonna make it sound really really bad coz u burn't the flat down, endangering life etc. with your previous, tbh i dont rate your chances. 3-6 months max. maybe.

but that MAY get suspended. they may even throw some more CS at you. if u get a good brief who knows.

expect the worst, anything better is a bonus.

how come the fire started btw? what failed? did u ever find out, or was it the heat of the light against the curtains?
    Thanks mate, I feel like a bit of a twat really cos I should nt of been growing so many, it got a bit out of hand - what can I say I like variety!

The fire started I think because I had ducting going out next to the window, this was hidden inside a dvd player box i had, trying to be stealthy (fuckin waste of time! you cant get more obvious than setting fire to the place). The curtain was near to the box. My mate locked the window somehow I vaguely remember him locking it, he was trying to help I spose (security wise cos I lived on the ground floor) and we were fucked up at the time, but I didnt ask him too cos my place was pretty secure. I cant blame him tho. Anyway I had the ducting going through a dvd player box, and it was near to the curtain - the heat from the 600w on the curtain after about 10 -11 hours must have set it off. Annoying really cos the timer was about to shut it off for the dark cycle and it might have been ok.

I am gutted about it - i lost a panasonic 37 inch lcd cost about a grand, dvd hdd recorder, xbox 360 and loads of othger things, but glad to be alive, what is strange is that I survived it and literally 2 days later I found out I have a son, so it is a good reason to live.

One little touch was that I had about 2 oz of real nice punk from my previous grow, The police took it and never submitted it in evidence, they also teethed my phone which although I was not really knocking the skunk out it would have had some incriminating texts on it. If they really wanted to do me. But they were alright. so there was no dried bud to dpo me for possession.

Prison yeah I am expecting a little stretch, hope not but i think i could deal with it, I have been watching alot of banged up abroad and that cheers me up abit or puts it all in perspective.

cheers matey

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by samhain View Post
    Gutted for you mate , thing's can only get better . That was an awful turn of event's . Good you'r ok and did you find the cat .
    Have you a case for unfair dismisal from work .
    I'm not intimate with UK law , but understand it's not just plant numbers but age size , there's not a lot of street value in a seedling , which is the majority of your problem .
    Listen , we pop load's of seed's as some die / some male etc , you had no intention of flowering that amount . Put em straight on that . For all they know it could be hemp
    An there wasnt any dealing pharaphenalia , so it was personal to help with your condition .
    My thought and best wisher are with you .
    And everybody get a smoke alarm and powder fire extingisher .
    fraid not mate I cant sue the company cos I was on a temporary contract they can ditch you for whatever reason. Thats good advice about seedlings. I will do that, but the 5 outside were big, they had been growing from May to End of September, the clones were about a foot and a half tall, hoping to get an oz of each of those and around 3 oz a peice for the bigguns.

If I didnt have previous I would have got a caution according to my brief.

Thats right get a smoke alarm and black extinguisher not water with electrics, still at 5 in the morning you are a bit disorientated and it is not what you are expecting, in fact if i was to do it again which is probably a no I would only grow with CFLs cos you dont really need to extract and they dont get as hot.

still quitting the weed and drink for that matter is good for me I wanna be straight if I go prison and for sake of my son, it really does mess your head up

good luck with your grows

Thanks

oh yeah Ralphy is fine he was a bit pissed off with me but he is ok.

blurry-vision Guest

Damn sorry to hear that mate, best of luck in court like others say expect the worst then you may get a nicer surprise, again I'm sorry to hear, rough luck there...One thing is they may have some sympathy with everything you lost so I dunno you never know..Depends on the judge a lot..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,125 Times

wow mate that is realy unlucky hope all goes well for you in court and congrats on your new son

FZjb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post

Prison yeah I am expecting a little stretch, hope not but i think i could deal with it, I have been watching alot of banged up abroad and that cheers me up abit or puts it all in perspective.

cheers matey
    heres hoping that IF you do get a custodial, then it gets suspended! if not then prison isnt really that bad, keep your head down and get on with it. theres not much u can do about it so no point in stressing too much.

thanks for sharing your story with us tho' pal. it goes to show that a fire can start even without an electrical failure, just thru bad venting, and that we should all be a little more aware and carefull with our precious grows, I have a smoke alarm i fitted above my grow room, i`m deffo investing in a decent fire extinguisher now.

Bad luck? after thinking about it, your one LUCKY mofo, but i think u know this yurself -gratz on the baby btw, that really is some great news, you sound like your gonna be a loving parent.

good luck with the court, and if u get free, let us all know here at THC.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FaZedjb View Post
    heres hoping that IF you do get a custodial, then it gets suspended! if not then prison isnt really that bad, keep your head down and get on with it. theres not much u can do about it so no point in stressing too much.

thanks for sharing your story with us tho' pal. it goes to show that a fire can start even without an electrical failure, just thru bad venting, and that we should all be a little more aware and carefull with our precious grows, I have a smoke alarm i fitted above my grow room, i`m deffo investing in a decent fire extinguisher now.

Bad luck? after thinking about it, your one LUCKY mofo, but i think u know this yurself -gratz on the baby btw, that really is some great news, you sound like your gonna be a loving parent.

good luck with the court, and if u get free, let us all know here at THC.
    Thanks Fazed I'm touched. I didnt really want sympathy I know I cocked up, it was my doing after all. Just thought I should let you know one of the many pitfalls that can occur (probably more common than getting grassed up) . Yes I will be a loving Dad, all the best. Oh my sentencing is on the 11th November 2009 so I will let everyone whose been following this the outcome.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to skuff For This Useful Post:

turnkey (21-09-14)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast