Thread: newbie drying buds advice appreciated

Thanks

Default newbie drying buds advice appreciated

hi guys, so i took the advice from Toker_rex (thanks mate), and got myself a small grow tent (80x80x160) and a 4" fan with 100/250mm ox carbon filter kit. At the moment i only really want to use it for drying in a month or so time. (growing in the greenhouse) . I've changed my mind about putting the whole setup in the loft, its very tight , difficult to access and is very dusty with open insulation everywhere.

So i thought i would set the tent up in my room and vent up through the ceiling to a corner of the attic via a duct pipe (with pair of tights over end to stop creepie crawlies) ( i will have to cut a 4" hole in ceiling, but thats ok).

thinking of hanging the fan and filter from roof bars of tent and use a small desk fan placed on floor of tent (pointed at floor) and open a duct hatch in the tent to allow passive air ingress. (i can't suck fresh air in through window, as it's too in view of neighbours). only thing i'm worried about is fan blowing odours out through open hatch before it get chance to go through filter ??

i'm a complete newbie to this, so if anyone has any pointers , advice , or can see something i've missed or made a mistake with anything, would really appreciate any input, before setting it all up, and making a cockup !!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to helluvatractor For This Useful Post:

TOKER_REX (24-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Get a drying net, such as Ebay item 190974377469 & bang it in the tent
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

helluvatractor (22-06-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Get a drying net, such as Ebay item 190974377469 & bang it in the tent
    cheers, will get one of them

6. The Following User Says Thank You to helluvatractor For This Useful Post:

M_C (22-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Yeah ebay have a particular one. It's about 10.50, white and has 8 tiers. Each layer is like 60cm so enough room for several plants.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

helluvatractor (22-06-17)