Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First grow. Concerned.

Thanks

Default First grow. Concerned.

Hello THC'ers.

I've been building up to a grow and finally got going last week (Sunday). I plan to get a diary type thing going, but I'm concerned and want to check with you pro's about the state of my wee seedlings.

I got them germ'd and had out for a few days before I was ready to put them under the lights. But I had a fam emergency which had me away from them for a good 36 hours. I came back and they were serious flopping - near dead I thought. Got them under the light soon as and after a couple days they were still seriously struggling.
    Went through trying to keep them good and I'm hopeful I've got them back to a fairly good health. I've got them supported and since then they have been really pushing well.

I'm worried at their 'length' and weight on top. Still now, I don't think they can hold themselves without the bamboo up against them.

http://imgur.com/bKLz3Fr

So, my question, after seeing the vague picture, is, are they still good? are they a little unnaturally tall at such an age? How can I battle such a thing if so?

*if they look dry, I watered them just after this pic. I've been giving them small amounts of water every evening when they get so dry.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShutTheFunkUp_Donny For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-17), Greengrass (02-07-17)

MrMen Guest

the look ok to me mate a bit stretchy but should be ok

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrMen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-17), Greengrass (02-07-17), ShutTheFunkUp_Donny (24-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Strange,that normally happens when lights too far away
    But your led so it should be far away.or the other reason
    Is not enough light.overwatering can also make them stretch.
    100ml of water should last them a cuple days.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (30-06-17), GEORGE (26-06-17), Greengrass (02-07-17), ShutTheFunkUp_Donny (24-06-17)

Thanks

Maybe a small oscillating fan to help build stem strength

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEZ90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-17), Greengrass (02-07-17), ShutTheFunkUp_Donny (29-06-17)

Thanks

Look spot on apart from stretch bud id definately lower the light and like erb said dont go ott with water lol they only got tiny roots at the mo so wont need much good look mukka

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonnybest For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (02-07-17), ShutTheFunkUp_Donny (29-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,773 Times

What LED do you have?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (02-07-17)

Thanks

I have a VIPARSPECTRA 450w Led. Sorry, I really should have a diary going here. I'll get around to it

This is them this evening:

http://imgur.com/0M7UQVM

I've got a fan today and got it in there to try strengthen them up. Even before that, I'm noticing them getting stronger.
    But I'm finding the leaf curling still a problem. Since the initial post, they got better - I watered less and lifted light a notch. But they've started again and I'm battling again.
    It's hard to know. Some saying light to close/too far and some too much water.
    It's the joy of learning I guess and I'm enjoying.

I am conscious of the watering amount now and have taken it down.. - Seeing it look so dry sometimes just makes me think it needs more lol.
    I've also been taking the light slower higher to see if that resolves it. I'm at about 7 inches above them now.

I havent started on the nutes yet, they'll be two weeks going at the weekend so I'm going to start on them then (plant magic oldtimers), but if I had to guess, maybe it's a slight combination of light and water that is causing me issues.

Thanks for the replies guys!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShutTheFunkUp_Donny For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (02-07-17), M_C (29-06-17)

Thanks

I've a VIPARSPECTRA 450w mate

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShutTheFunkUp_Donny For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (02-07-17), M_C (29-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,385 Times

They needed to be under light straight away, thats why they are so tall as they were seeking light.

What you can do (carefully) is dig them out with all their roots and plant them back in lower into the pot so that half that stem is below the soil level and take away the support. They should stand upright. Make sure you have a fan blowing air around but not at them so that they are quivering in the breeze, this will strengthen the stem.

I mean you could just leave them and have them permanently caned up but if it was me I'd replant lower.

If you're unsure what I mean look up on youtube what to do with "leggy" seedlings and it will show you.

Best of luck

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:

ShutTheFunkUp_Donny (02-07-17), Subtle (02-07-17), ZexoticPharmacist (02-07-17)

Thanks

I had similar issue, my light was too far away, I buried them right up to the leaves and then it went from there, turned into a nice healthy plant.

Make sure the light is as close as it can be without any damage to the plants.

My LED panel is roughly 24" away from the seedlings to begin with.
    Learning the ropes... All comments & feedback are greatly appreciated.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subtle For This Useful Post:

Kev (05-07-17), ShutTheFunkUp_Donny (02-07-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast