Thread: Save a Seed?

Thanks

Default Save a Seed?

Afternoon all,

I'm a one plant at a time kinda guy, and I spend enough on equipment and other hobbies that I only pop one seed at a time. I've not had any real problems doing this and although it has slowed down my schedule, nothing lost.

Well, I had a Bluecheese seed started, but she never took. I had her straight from the fridge into a prepped Rapid Rooter plug like always, but no go. I took it out to give a visual inspection after 4 days and the shell still seamed hard even though it was soaked, so I did a little on the spot scarifying with my thumbnail for the fun of it and got a Cheese seed into the fridge.

Getting ready to start the Cheese today and just because I take a look into my tent and what do you know,there is the smallest of tap root starting to break shell!

Now, my usual procedure is to throw the seed into the fridge for anywhere from a week to a month before I want it and the day before i want to start, into some water in the fridge. Pull it out and into the plug and a cup with a saucer over it and into the tent. I've had a pretty high success rate, but now I have a seed that I would like to put back into dormancy.

Can this be done after about 16 hours of soaking? If I thought I was going to loose it, I'd rather set up another tent and grow it out. But if I thought I could save it, away it goes for the next grow.

Any thoughts from the more experienced?

Thanks in advance,

MT

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Once a seed gets wet then it is too late to put it back
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

MonkeyTime (26-06-17), OakyShades (26-06-17)

Thanks

Thanks M_C,

That's what I was afraid of. I've been getting myself set to start a perpetual auto tent of constant 18 hours light and two plants at any various point, looks like it'll get a photo cheese first!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyTime For This Useful Post:

M_C (26-06-17)