Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: deficiency or nute burn

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Default deficiency or nute burn

Noticed these today. They were not there two days ago so I'm unsure if it's a deficiency or burn. Could be a mag issue? Medium used is biobizz light mix, feeds have been tap water (left out for a few days) apart from just over a week ago when I used some Grow.

Last feed was yesterday, used approx 1.4L water each like normal, with slight drainage to cover all areas. I don't check the ph of the water as I was told it wouldn't really matter in a soil grow. The issue seems minute. Each plant has like 1 maybe 2 leaves suffering from the problem but this could spread so best to sort it asap. If i've missed any info, do remind me please. Temps have been good lately, 29℃ and 44% RH

This is how they looked 2-3 days ago

Now Plant 1

Plant 2

Plant 3

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

CloneBonerStallone (27-06-17), GEORGE (29-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

The soils still a bit hot for them... but they'll grow into it
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Admiral (29-06-17), CloneBonerStallone (27-06-17), GEORGE (29-06-17), happyjack (03-07-17), kbag (28-06-17), Trex (04-07-17)

Thanks

Seems to be spreading alot more now as the days go on. The leaves are very droopy on 2 of the larger girls too. Could this be a PH issue? They are fed approx 1.2L of tap water every 3-4 days. The last water feed I gave them 5 days ago seems to of caused the droopy leaves as prior it had been fine. I get a little run off as expected and I get rid of that water rather than letting it sit in the saucers. The smallest girl has yellowing leaves but barely any droop. One of the large girls is very droopy and the second large lady seems to be recovering a little now in terms of droop but still yellowing.

Last edited by Admiral; 29-06-17 at 05:26 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (03-07-17)

Thanks

They do look slightly overfed in terms of nutes (burning tips, dark green leaf colour), but the most recent pics look to me like they're thirsty,

What soil mix you using?

Have you tried sticking your finger about an inch into the top of the soil to test how damp soil is?

If soil is dry I'd give them a small amount (500ml) of water only and you'll notice within an hour if they liked it.

PH water does not matter so much in soil mix.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NeCkRo For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (03-07-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeCkRo View Post
    They do look slightly overfed in terms of nutes (burning tips, dark green leaf colour), but the most recent pics look to me like they're thirsty,

What soil mix you using?

Have you tried sticking your finger about an inch into the top of the soil to test how damp soil is?

If soil is dry I'd give them a small amount (500ml) of water only and you'll notice within an hour if they liked it.

PH water does not matter so much in soil mix.
    Cheers pal, I know all that already

It's no good giving small doses often. I feed 1.3L every 4 days and they have been fine up until now. Just found it strange that the burning and drooping instantly happened over night with a water feed.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (03-07-17), Trex (04-07-17)

Thanks

If you normally feed every four days, and your post above says they have not had a feed in 5 days, then yes you do already know the answer....

Thanks

If you normally feed every four days, and your post above says they have not had a feed in 5 days, then yes you do already know the answer....
    Need to read pal.. I waited 5 days because they suffered heavy droop the following day.. So they can recover.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (03-07-17)

Thanks

And now them bitches are hungry again, be a gent and do the honors, less nutes than last time...

Thanks

And now them bitches are hungry again, be a gent and do the honors, less nutes than last time...
    Surely not though? Infact, the day prior water feed was upped from like 1.2 to 1.5L (no feed again) With drainage ofcourse thats discarded. Then bam they became saggy and never perked back up again. I've given them a feed today, see how they get on.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (03-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

How are they doing mate?
    This is probably unrelated to your problem but do you keep your pots within another pot like your pictures show?
    Sorry to bang on about this in other posts but you will be doing your plants a favour by standing just your plant pot on something to raise it a few inches
    To expose the drain holes to air,this way you will get an all round drying to your soil
    I'm taking a stab in the dark but that gap between pots anything could be going on ie excess heat stopping the soil drying.

All the best

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast