Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What you guys think?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,030 Times

Default What you guys think?

Av read up on alot recently i am on my first ever grow which seems to be going ok, auto skunk 1 on week 7 as of today, 3 plants in total in my small cupboard with started of cfl twin spectrum 200w and now onto 300 watt red spectrum, 1 plantis small bushy indica and the other 2 are satvia, foliar fed from early veg stage on mostly seaweed, nutes being biogrow, biomax and biobloom, i have recently been foliar feeding with those nutes also, all plants are taking it well, they have had 1 treatment of epsom salts all been topped amd pruned and looking well
    Anyways my next grow oncethese finished i plan on just 2 plants, auto moby dick xxl, my idea which i will go ahead with though unsure of is about oxygen into the soil, i planon using batmix this time round the skunk autos are incanna with perlite and coco fibres so a hybrid soil, the moby dick xxl i planon batmix with added perlite the bio nutes and guano liquid, my idea is to use fabric 3 or 5 gallon pots that are great for root oxygen i want to add a air pump, i want to super glue an fish tank flexible air curtain to the bottom of this fabric pot covereved in perlite then loosly fill with soil, this way i have added oxygen to the soil
    Thoughts on this idea guys? Is there ever a case of too much oxygen? Will using this method really dry out the soil and roots? Personally I think not though what you guys opinions on this? Thanksin advance

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THC2017 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-17)

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THC2017 View Post
    Av read up on alot recently i am on my first ever grow which seems to be going ok, auto skunk 1 on week 7 as of today, 3 plants in total in my small cupboard with started of cfl twin spectrum 200w and now onto 300 watt red spectrum, 1 plantis small bushy indica and the other 2 are satvia, foliar fed from early veg stage on mostly seaweed, nutes being biogrow, biomax and biobloom, i have recently been foliar feeding with those nutes also, all plants are taking it well, they have had 1 treatment of epsom salts all been topped amd pruned and looking well
    Anyways my next grow oncethese finished i plan on just 2 plants, auto moby dick xxl, my idea which i will go ahead with though unsure of is about oxygen into the soil, i planon using batmix this time round the skunk autos are incanna with perlite and coco fibres so a hybrid soil, the moby dick xxl i planon batmix with added perlite the bio nutes and guano liquid, my idea is to use fabric 3 or 5 gallon pots that are great for root oxygen i want to add a air pump, i want to super glue an fish tank flexible air curtain to the bottom of this fabric pot covereved in perlite then loosly fill with soil, this way i have added oxygen to the soil
    Thoughts on this idea guys? Is there ever a case of too much oxygen? Will using this method really dry out the soil and roots? Personally I think not though what you guys opinions on this? Thanksin advance
    Id leave inventing new growing methods to the professionals mate , you're still on your first grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-17), ggotch (01-07-17), THC2017 (02-07-17), Trex (02-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

I've seen similar things done in coco/pebble mixes, but doing it in soil may prove troublesome....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-17), ggotch (01-07-17), kbag (01-07-17), THC2017 (02-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I've seen similar things done in coco/pebble mixes, but doing it in soil may prove troublesome....
    I was thinking the exact same M_C.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-17), ggotch (01-07-17), M_C (01-07-17), THC2017 (02-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

theres already "air caps" that sit at bottom of pots and are air fed via a pump.

obviously being a buyer of everything shiny n gimicky i own two lol.

have tried them on my autos and tbh apart from an early spurt in growth,end results were no different in yield nor taste etc and they are now abandoned in a shed somewhere.

so for me the results are no noticable difference to the good, and to the bad , having extra noise from air pump in a soil grow was annoying plus having air tube to the pots meant lifting them out etc was problematic.

if you are looking at boosting growth id say learn and do dwc imo or if going organic-soil then try some airpots.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-17), kbag (01-07-17), M_C (01-07-17), THC2017 (02-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

I'm pretty sure ggotch is on the right track. From all I have read about Oxygen, the plants get plenty from drying out after watering in soil, so would seem a waist of time to me. JMO

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

ggotch (02-07-17), THC2017 (02-07-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THC2017 View Post
    Welcome to the Talk.

Was there a reason for you to top and prune your auto?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-17), THC2017 (02-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Welcome to the Talk.

Was there a reason for you to top and prune your auto?
    Nothing wrong with a bit of topping & pruning on an auto... I wouldn't suggest it for the first grow though!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Nothing wrong with a bit of topping & pruning on an auto... I wouldn't suggest it for the first grow though!
    That's precisely why I asked.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,030 Times

Well i plan on doing it with 1 pot only as an experiment i wont have the pump on 24/7 i think just aburst of oxygen now and then will do no harm, i do have a mind of my own i want to try different methods as such, yeah its my first grow and looking great, i dont smoke if i do its for before my bed, this is being given to my friends dad who has parkinsons, i topped for to give the canopy more life and pruned the bottom that wasnt makingto the top so the plant could focus more on the other areas, thanks guys i will let yous all know how things go once i get round to trying theair curtain to bottom of a pot

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THC2017 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-07-17), M_C (02-07-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast