Thread: moving house.... moving plants in flower?

Thanks

Default moving house.... moving plants in flower?

Hey guy I have a question. How adversely would a plant be affected if it didn't get ANY fresh air for about 4-5 hours of its dark cycle and would be without ANY ventillation (in a much smaller compartment than the growbox) for this same period? (my landlord unexpectedly announced that we have to move out in a week.... yes, he can do that, I'm currently living in a Eastern European country). I could move the plants to the new location in about 5 hours during the night (temps are lower) during the dark cycle, and could put them back into their growbox with ventillation right after we arrive. Or should I do it during the light cycle? My plants are at the begininng of week 6 of flower (so they'll be at the beginning of week 7 when I have to move) and I'm using soil.

Any advice is welcome! Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

I would do it in its light cycle

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

murnau (07-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

do what ya gotta do mate, unlucky situation with shitty landlord.

only worry would be the RH in the space they will be kept, as you could risk opening the door to rot setting in. doesnt sound like you got much choice though matey lol.

hope works out ok though

5. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

murnau (07-07-17)

farmguy Guest

I would do it in the dark time as u dont want to interrupt the light cycle just bin bag it an go for it
    All should be fine for a one off for the short distance ur doin it 👍🏻

Atb

7. The Following User Says Thank You to farmguy For This Useful Post:

murnau (07-07-17)

Guest Guest

I've done the same, at worst you'll create a little shock and slow growth for a few days.
    I would move them during their daylight so that you don't interrupt the 12 hours darkness.
    Oh and drive carefully haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

happyjack (07-07-17), murnau (07-07-17)

Thanks

Thanks for the answers, guys! Great to get some feedback on my emergency plan

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    only worry would be the RH in the space they will be kept, as you could risk opening the door to rot setting in.
    Yeah, I've thought about this... I'll definitely try time move them a day before watering (when the soil is the driest). And I'm also planning to pack little bags of calcium chloride into the boxes (around the pots) to dehumidify the air. Hope it works.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to murnau For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (07-07-17)

Thanks

I'm in a similar situation, landlord is due next week to come and inspect my house lol got 3 big plants. Planning on hiding them in top of the garage for 12 hours when they're supposed to be in darkness. Not sure how I'm guna do it yet

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RobboWolves For This Useful Post:

happyjack (07-07-17)