Thread: Another day, another mistake

Thanks

Default Another day, another mistake

Well this is great!

I take my recently planted seedling out for a little sunshine and when I turn around for 5 mins the leaves have both collapsed!

I have a spare around I can germinate if this one is a lost cause however just in case I've put her in the shade and covered her with half a sprite bottle..

This is the 2nd time I've made this mistake!

What's the ole saying? " Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me " lol fml

Note* I had to prop her up a couple days after she sprouted due to her stretching :/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4708.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	348344  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stan's dad For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (12-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

See how it goes.
    Keep it indoors where it's sposed to be,
    They can pick up all kinds of bugs outdoors.
    Then yourll have another problem to sort out.

Keep it simple an don't mess around with em.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Stan's dad (12-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

looks fine man, like eburt said just put it in place and let it be ,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Stan's dad (12-07-17)

Thanks

I'm offering advice from a vegetable seedling perspective ... but consider protecting the little darling with a hat made from thin paper or something else that creates super bright shade. It's hard for them to transition from gentle indoor lights to a radioactive ball of burning gasses as their light source

I have used any and all of the following to protect against sun scald:
    Cheap white sheets or pillowcase to filter the light
    Big hats made from unused newsprint (for bigger plants) - rolled it into a cone shaped hat and supported with an old upside down tomato cages
    More recently ... I made a little "dome of safety" from aluminum window screening to keep the #*@$# squirrels and caterpillars from attacking my plants. It also cuts down on the light a smidge
    Sandwich the baby plant between two bigger things so it gets little 1-3 hour shade breaks thruout the day

Hardening plants off to be ready for the full power of the sun is a gradual process. At least you didn't let slugs eat it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobby Grower For This Useful Post:

Valentina (30-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Grower View Post
    I'm offering advice from a vegetable seedling perspective ... but consider protecting the little darling with a hat made from thin paper or something else that creates super bright shade. It's hard for them to transition from gentle indoor lights to a radioactive ball of burning gasses as their light source

I have used any and all of the following to protect against sun scald:
    Cheap white sheets or pillowcase to filter the light
    Big hats made from unused newsprint (for bigger plants) - rolled it into a cone shaped hat and supported with an old upside down tomato cages
    More recently ... I made a little "dome of safety" from aluminum window screening to keep the #*@$# squirrels and caterpillars from attacking my plants. It also cuts down on the light a smidge
    Sandwich the baby plant between two bigger things so it gets little 1-3 hour shade breaks thruout the day

Hardening plants off to be ready for the full power of the sun is a gradual process. At least you didn't let slugs eat it
    I'll have some of what you're on please

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (31-07-17), Monsterdad (30-07-17), M_C (30-07-17), OldHeadNewGrower (10-08-17), Twisted (30-07-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B.A.BARACUS View Post
    I'll have some of what you're on please
    Like it..........