Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: help required on intake ideas and purchase list please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman83 View Post
    Get a small 4" intake fan, pulling in the coldest air possible. 6" high powered RVK exhaust, with a rhino pro filter. Rigged up to your cool hood chucking the old air out side high up. Then get an eco technics controller and a cheap blow heater. Then you will have perfect temps 99 % of the time. ��

Sent from, Thames Iron Works.
    i know I'm being paranoid as hell, but what if i dug a pipe into ground out beyond the garage ( protected land ) and vented out through that into a hole 2ft square filled with gravel ?
    or vented into the garage via a 6"rvk with a passive intake into tent and a forced intake in garage wall,
    i know I'm paranoid as fuck but really need to make sure i stay well off radar
    or does the setup you mentioned really not gonna be noticed as its a very small 4 plant setup
    or am i being super paranoid lol

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiherealready For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18), Ironman (18-07-17)

Thanks

which one would you choose m8??????????

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amiherealready For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by amiherealready View Post
    i know I'm being paranoid as hell, but what if i dug a pipe into ground out beyond the garage ( protected land ) and vented out through that into a hole 2ft square filled with gravel ?
    or vented into the garage via a 6"rvk with a passive intake into tent and a forced intake in garage wall,
    i know I'm paranoid as fuck but really need to make sure i stay well off radar
    or does the setup you mentioned really not gonna be noticed as its a very small 4 plant setup
    or am i being super paranoid lol
    Better to be paranoid than cocky mate. You can do what you mention above but you will need a more powerful fan, maybe 8". You would be surprised how much ducting drags and reduces power. You'd be better off venting in the garage and drill a few holes near the top to allow hot air out and a couple at the bottom for fresh air in you'll be fine. Does the garage get hot inside? What's the temps like on a hot summer's day? If it's cool you'll only have to contend with high humidity. If it's warm your humidity will be fine and temps become your job.😉

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18)

Thanks

Oh yeah, don't worry to much about the chopper, such a small heat source could be a tumble dryer and not worth bothering about. Unless your possibly known for cultivation by the police or some one snitchs😠

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

amiherealready (19-07-17), Ben.g (28-05-18), M_C (18-07-17)

Thanks

hi talkers
    been on my holibobs, so back for 2 days then back away for 3 weeks, i have finally got the room back available now so scrapped the metal cupboard grow thankfully,
    i have used 2 x 25mm insulation in-between the joists in the roof ( i already had 10 sheets ) and then 50mm celotex over the top on the roof and 25mm in-between joists on the walls in my room with 50mm celotex over the top on all walls in the grow room. and 50mm celotex on all the other ceilings in-between joists, the room i will vent into has lots of gaps at the top sides where the roof substrate meets the wall to allow the heat out.

I've been researching and updating my ideas and my shopping list so here goes:

my main concern is heat signal and noise obviously .

i have about £1k to spend on my kit so have made a list as follows, please advise any mistakes I've made or wrong assumptions or better list please

i will vent into the garage space into one area and intake from another ( the garage is divided into 3 rooms the end room will house my tent etc, the middle room is just workshop area and third is room with garage door on end, i will vent into the middle room and get passive air from end room with garage door in as will be cool air) would i be wise to vent the exhaust low so it cools better ? leaving a better heat signature. ( the paranoia lol )

my first grow will be auto flowers to get me some cbd rich weed quickly , i have picked dinafem industrial plant auto cbd and dinafem OG kush auto cbd. 2 of each strain:

I've linked the numbers on eBay but will source elsewhere if cheaper , the fan i linked first is £180 elsewhere.

Fan = TD silent ebay: 222205242011
    6" silencer = 222595750751
    6" rhino carbon filter = 152172005925 600mm version needed or not?
    lumatek digital ballast 600w = 70781770541
    250w bulb for seedlings and 400/600 for plants ( advice appreciated on this by the way )
    ecotechnics controller = 172804232726
    grow tent = secret garden DR90 ( only have 1900 in headroom )
    6" acoustic ducting = 291828959988
    airpots=111143181574 ( 10 litre for autos i think )
    6" passive intake from a separate room
    plant magic soil with a bit of plant magic old timers granules then feed with old-timer bloom when in flower.

anything I've missed or how would you sort it out ? I'm all ears please

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amiherealready For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18)

Thanks

any advice on a air cooled hood would be great btw, separate to carbon or inline?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to amiherealready For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18)

Thanks

ok got it finally insulated and caulked and taped, i have put together the bits i am decided on but could do with some help finalising my kit as want to get it ordered tmoz.

my concrete sectional garage is split into 3 areas , one being my area

i plan on venting into middle section area or externally, and running a passive or active 4/6" intake from another area thats right by garage door

i have already got my auto seeds all cbd for anxiety and getting off demon drink
    i plan on only doing auto seeds to give me a variety to choose from.

Seeds are:
    Dinafem industrial plant auto cbd
    Sweet seeds sweet nurse auto cbd
    Cbd crew medium Gom auto

got loads of freebies aswell from seedsman

I'm starting with 4 seeds hopefully to start with, 2 each of either 3 strains , should i try starting 6 in paper towels/shot glass and see how it goes to make sure i have at least 4 ?

Potential Kit list as follows:

•secret garden dr90 tent
    •homebox evolution controller
    •lumatek 600w digital ballast, ill use it at 250 for seedlings then 400 , getting 600 incase my set up can cope with it
    •6" rvk fan ( which size please ) mounted in a buzz lightyear style box outside of the tent
    •mountain air carbon filter ( which size please )
    •duct silencer ( depends on fan size as yet )
    •hood I'm unsure of as yet (should i go cool hood to use 600 ?) and extra fans?

Not really on a really tight budget regards most to be fair i just want "quietest" least heat signature set up. ( no 2k aircon lol)
    anything i have missed please shout at me .
    would really appreciate any help

Thanks

@ironman, @M_C

bought my setup today, delivered to store on tuesday, comprising of:

1x1x2 green cube tent
    hellion adjustawing ballast and light set 750w dimmable to 400w
    vortex 8" carbon filter? recommended by store owner ?
    8 to 6 reducer
    6"rvk for extraction
    6" accoustic ducting
    4" rvk for active intake
    4" acoustic ducting
    ecotechnics evolution fan controller
    800mm square tray for bottom of tent
    16ltr root nurse pots
    bag of clay pebbles for bottom of pots
    biobizz light mix

am going to vent into middle room garage and draw cool air from another room garage

i got some shogun katana root stim aswell.

i was gonna pop some seeds in water in morning, my queries are: should i add some root stim to the water in 2 shot glasses or just wait and add it to water when i make up starter pots ?
    as soon as i see taproots ill transfer to 0.5ltr pots with biobizz and perlite.

i want to run 4 plants to start with should i try and get 6 going incase some are no shows , dinafem ipacbd and sweet nurse auto cbd.

what heater should i use to add to the ecotechnics to warm up room if needed.
    can u kind people see anything other than oscillating fans that i have missed please

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiherealready For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18), Ironman (10-09-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amiherealready View Post
    @ironman, @M_C

bought my setup today, delivered to store on tuesday, comprising of:

1x1x2 green cube tent
    hellion adjustawing ballast and light set 750w dimmable to 400w
    vortex 8" carbon filter? recommended by store owner ?
    8 to 6 reducer
    6"rvk for extraction
    6" accoustic ducting
    4" rvk for active intake
    4" acoustic ducting
    ecotechnics evolution fan controller
    800mm square tray for bottom of tent
    16ltr root nurse pots
    bag of clay pebbles for bottom of pots
    biobizz light mix

am going to vent into middle room garage and draw cool air from another room garage

i got some shogun katana root stim aswell.

i was gonna pop some seeds in water in morning, my queries are: should i add some root stim to the water in 2 shot glasses or just wait and add it to water when i make up starter pots ?
    as soon as i see taproots ill transfer to 0.5ltr pots with biobizz and perlite.

i want to run 4 plants to start with should i try and get 6 going incase some are no shows , dinafem ipacbd and sweet nurse auto cbd.

what heater should i use to add to the ecotechnics to warm up room if needed.
    can u kind people see anything other than oscillating fans that i have missed please
    Morning pal, your list of gear looks to be inclusive of what you need. 😉 you will, of course be buying stuff as you go along too. That's just the nature of this hobby😁.

My biggest tip would be to set it all up and run it for 2 days with no plants.
    Get the environment right before or you'll just stress your seedlings trying to get your room dialled in.😉

Once your happy with night and day temps soak your seeds.

I use rhizotonic in my soaking water for germinating, so your equivillant should be the same😎

Also it's always best to plant auto seeds straight into their final pot. The reason is auto's have a very short life span and you don't want to have any transplant recovery time. You want her vegging as hard as possible, otherwise your yield will suffer. Been there done that.😒

Have a little faith, just germinate the 4. If you do 6 you know all 6 will be great and you won't want to cull any. Also, if you do have any no shows, that just means more watts for the plants you have left.

So if you get your gear set up and running correctly then you shouldn't have any no shows😉

With my ecotechnics, I use a cheap 2 kw blow heater from b n q. I leave it set on the lower setting of 1kw and it works like a beauty. Below is a pic of it. It was a tenner I think.😉

Good luck bro

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

amiherealready (12-09-17), Ben.g (28-05-18), Karsa (15-09-17)

Thanks

@ironman

collected all my kit today
    sparky just installed me 3 double sockets in room and tested board and ring main.
    put 6 seeds in water for 24hrs on monday afternoon, then put them in damp paper towel , just had a look and got 2 with tiny taproots.
    ill get tent setup tomorrow and all the kit and post some pics.
    had all the 18mm mdf cut today to make 600mm square boxes to put exhaust and intake into, got a roll of 50mm acoustic foam aswell to silence them fans.
    just got to fetch a couple of air circulation fans for tent ( what size ideally please )
    and the blow heater for ecotechnics.
    got 3 of those 10a inline connectors that i saw on a bud lightyear post ready to wire ecotechics evolution into .
    big day tomorrow

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiherealready For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (28-05-18), Ironman (13-09-17)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast