Thread: Start off veg in cellar?

Thanks

Default Answered: Start off veg in cellar?

I normally start my veg period with a couple of weeks under T5 lights in a spare room / wardrobe.

Unfortunately it's the wrong time of year and ambient room temperatures are high 20's, pushing the canopy temps to mid 30's or higher.

I've been down to the cellar and it's showing 19 degrees and a humidity of 85. Obviously temps would raise slightly with the T5 and humidity would lower with the fan which suggests it'd be ideal.

My only concern is bugs. I could give it a good sweep / hoover out but would I risk any damage to the plants for when it comes to repotting them and putting them in my proper grow room? (currently in construction hence I can't put them straight in there).

I know there's plenty of spiders down there which I understand won't harm plants but I'm more worried about mites etc?

1st Grow - 5x Incredible Bulk
    2nd Grow - 5x Incredible Bulk
    3rd Grow - 4x Incredible Bulk & 1x Delicious Candy
    4th Grow - Incredible Bulk, Delicious Candy & Pakistan Valley
    5th Grow - 1200w 8 Plants Multistrain

2. "I would suggest you to give the place a very good clean. Then bleach everything or use suitable sprays to kill all the aliens down there.. wait a couple of days and then have the plants in there..Also A good idea will be to put them in a tent so you have closed controlled environment."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sodangerous For This Useful Post:

Bulls Guest

I would suggest you to give the place a very good clean. Then bleach everything or use suitable sprays to kill all the aliens down there.. wait a couple of days and then have the plants in there..Also A good idea will be to put them in a tent so you have closed controlled environment.

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sodangerous View Post
    I normally start my veg period with a couple of weeks under T5 lights in a spare room / wardrobe.

Unfortunately it's the wrong time of year and ambient room temperatures are high 20's, pushing the canopy temps to mid 30's or higher.

I've been down to the cellar and it's showing 19 degrees and a humidity of 85. Obviously temps would raise slightly with the T5 and humidity would lower with the fan which suggests it'd be ideal.

My only concern is bugs. I could give it a good sweep / hoover out but would I risk any damage to the plants for when it comes to repotting them and putting them in my proper grow room? (currently in construction hence I can't put them straight in there).

I know there's plenty of spiders down there which I understand won't harm plants but I'm more worried about mites etc?
    I would give the cellar a try if I was you, bugs can be taken care of if necessary.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Bulls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cantona View Post
    I would give the cellar a try if I was you, bugs can be taken care of if necessary.
    Deffo worth a try. But I would kill the bugs first with chemicals before having the plants in there. Much better option than spraying tha plants with chemicals after that to treat them Solve the problem before it appears sounds better to me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's all bare brick walls and floor mate so hard to bleach as such... I do have them in one of those makeshift canvas wardrobe lined out with black/white sheeting but have to have one side open to allow placement of a fan over them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sodangerous For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times
    Provided Answers: 19

would be best to use an ozone generator down there for a few days,not just bugs you have to worry about in a celler its mold spore,which an ozone gen will kill completely after a few days.
    read up on using such a machine safely first though,keep pets n children well away from the area and make sure you have open air bricks etc.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post: